Auto OpenGraph for threads [Deleted]

Nicolas FR

Nicolas FR submitted a new resource:

Auto OpenGraph for threads - Automatically sets the OpenGraph image with the first image or attachment in the thread.

A simple add-on that allows to set the Open Graph image of a thread using the first image (embedded or attached) of the first thread post. Useful for sharing threads on social networks (Twitter, Facebook, etc...).

This add-on uses @JoyFreak's "[JoyFreak] Set Open Graph Image" resource template modification. Thanks to him for his permission.

Read more about this resource...

It appears it only applies for new threads after the add-on is activated.

Is there a way to rebuild the meta data for older threads?

Hello, the add-on will create an OpenGraph image for any thread that has an image in its first post, regardless of when the thread was created. But the thread links already shared (on social media, or UNFURLed) are not affected.

Maybe with this add-on you could solve this but i have not tested it.

Hello, the add-on will create an OpenGraph image for any thread that has an image in its first post, regardless of when the thread was created. But the thread links already shared (on social media, or UNFURLed) are not affected.

Actually it does work fine.
It pulls the image from post#1 of that thread irregardless of thread creation time.

I wrongly assumed it pulls the first image of the thread. Example post#1 has null images but post#10 does have the first one of the thread.

It works well the way it is. Thanks for the reply.

Actually they update over time, so no need to do anything. Just takes time.

Hello, do you have a concrete example with a URL?
Hi,

I am testing with following tool

Currently Auto OpenGraph only works for "classic" type discussions (thread_view template) and the example you give is an Article type discussion (thread_view_type_article template). I will take a closer look to implement the code on all thread types.

Capture web_8-12-2022_93257_localhost.jpeg

Top Bottom