1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Auto move locked threads.

Discussion in 'XenForo Suggestions' started by Slavik, Oct 20, 2010.

1. Slavik

Slavik XenForo Moderator Staff Member

To go hand in hand with my other suggestion. http://xenforo.com/community/threads/user-locked-threads.6803/

I run a large classifieds on one of my forums, once a deal is done the thread is locked and moved to a graveyard to stop any confusion as to what are still acitve deals, and to log any agreements that have taken place.

I also know other site owners who run whole site "graveyards" for locked threads.

Would it be possible to have an option, which we can define on a per forum basis to move these threads automatically on locking them. Only basic, under each forum something like.

Auto move locked threads? Yes No
    Locked thread forum target: Dropdown of current forums to select the graveyard
    Optional move locked threads after X days:

The when a mod or admin locks a thread, it just has a tickbox or so to override the auto move if they want to lock a thrad for an informaitonal post.

ArnyVee, JVCode, anotheralias and 2 others like this.
  2. fattony69

fattony69 Well-Known Member

Definitely need this! It is such a small thing that makes a huge effect.
  3. dutchbb

dutchbb Well-Known Member

Why not just remove them from public? Am I missing something?
  4. ArnyVee

ArnyVee Well-Known Member

Good idea. Whenever you can cut down page refreshes and clicks and time....I'm all for it :)