******* - Auto Birthday Greeter [Paid] [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.

borbole

borbole submitted a new resource:

Auto Birthday Greeter [1.2x] - It congratulates users on their birthdays.

This mod will allow you to send out automated birthday greetings to your users in several different ways on their birthdays. The mod adds a cron job that will run every day on 24.00 at the midnight and it is making use of the server time to get the birthdays.

You can send an automated greetings to your users on their birthdays using the following methods.

1) You can send them an automated pc.

2) It will start a new thread at a forum of your choice on a user 's birthday. The thread will be...

Read more about this resource...

I see its been updated to 1.2.x.

I have this on my board at as of now it hasn't caused an problems, does this need upgradig or have you just renamed it :)

I see its been updated to 1.2.x.

I have this on my board at as of now it hasn't caused an problems, does this need upgradig or have you just renamed it :)

It is not just renamed :)

This version is properly compatible with 1.2. as it makes use of the TM rather than the hooks which are depricated in 1.2.x. Also it has a new option added, Automated Happy Birthday Message at users profiles.

But if the 1.1x version is working fine for you then you do not need to upgrade it.

ill wait to see how it reacts whens its someones birthday :)

I only upgraded yesterday.

If i need to upgrade do i need to purchase again or can I just get the update?

ill wait to see how it reacts whens its someones birthday :)

I only upgraded yesterday.

If i need to upgrade do i need to purchase again or can I just get the update?

Yes, you will have to purchase again this version but for those who bought the first version there are discounts :)

well hopefully the original version will work, xenforo is becoming expensive, bad enough paying for mods once never mind re-buying them when xenforo is updated

Yeah, is pretty bad when you have to pay for an update of an addon that you've already paid for ... not like it's the forum software itself.

Especially within the same major point release

In this case it is not within the same major point release.

True, but I'd even say that unless it's adding functionality there shouldn't be a charge full stop.

The add on had to be re-written for the most part and a new functionality was added as well.

But like I said above, all those users who bought the 1.1x version of the mod will have discounts should they want to purchase the new version.

@borbole Is it possible for the birthday posts to all be kept to one thread rather than it creating a new one each time?

Not in the current version. However I can add that for you for an extra fee.

would you then make a new general release with this function in for everyone ? If so then I think it better if you just add it to a future version and I'll buy that ;-)

would you then make a new general release with this function in for everyone ? If so then I think it better if you just add it to a future version and I'll buy that ;-)

The thing is that not everyone might want that option. Hence why I add requests for extra options separately.

@borbole Is it possible for the birthday posts to all be kept to one thread rather than it creating a new one each time?

Yes, the mod can be changed to add that. But a lot of people wanted separated threads, because like that it felt more special for users who had birthdays, to have their own separate birthday threads rather than cramp all of them together in one thread.

The thing is that not everyone might want that option. Hence why I add requests for extra options separately.

Sure thing, but I think there's some interest in this one.. so putting it in a new version would create sales... should be on your future-development at least :) soon as it's in there, I'll buy!

Yes, the mod can be changed to add that. But a lot of people wanted separated threads, because like that it felt more special for users who had birthdays, to have their own separate birthday threads rather than cramp all of them together in one thread.

I second the request for a single thread per day. In a way it's for the same reason as my "only greet active members" request. On a large board, we'll get many threads started each day and our moderation team would like to reply to every one so that each one gets at least a couple of replies.... but it's pointless doing that for 40 separate threads 35 of those may be for people who havent logged in for a year :)

If it's one thread then no one gets lost/forgotten and a single reply greets all 40 people :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom