XF 1.5 Attachments wont upload

Status
Not open for further replies.

DannyCutts

I cannot upload any attachments as it says that the files are to large for the server to process...

I have contacted xenforo about this issue and they are saying it is a hosting issue and my hosting is saying they need to know settings for everything to work...

Xenforo dont seem to interested in actually help me and the hosting company are going in blind

So does anybody have any suggestions... bearing in mind that it has worked for years up until last week....

Hello

It's disappointing to see someone imply that we are "not interested" when this is far from the case.

Bear in mind we have responded to a number of your ticket replies since the ticket was opened at 8:30pm UK time, on a Saturday and replies have continued into today, a Sunday.

We officially are only available for support Monday to Friday 9am - 5pm, yet we are very much interested in helping people so we often reply outside of these times. As it happens, your most recent replies were sent less than an hour ago, again remembering that it's currently Sunday afternoon, so we've not even had a chance to properly reply, yet.

The replies you have received so far are pretty much as far as we can go. To us, this is clearly a server configuration issue. You said it yourself: it worked for years up until last week. We haven't changed anything in the code that would trigger this. Therefore this is a server configuration issue and therefore your hosts are better placed to know how to help. They should be able to detail to you what has changed since it was last working as it's likely a change they have made which has caused this - especially if you're now in a situation where you can't upload anything - this is very unusual.

So they're not really going in blind. Sometimes the values we have asked you to look at are overridden in other areas such as other config files or web server specific configs.

What's the file size of the smallest file which fails to upload? Is it just the Gallery or attachments to posts also?

####servint message #####

Hello,

Unfortunately we do not know what is causing this error and we need more information about how the forum uploads files. The server still has about 13GB of space free and I do not see any quotas put on the account to restrict this. I do see that the server is running on DSO without mod_ruid2 installed, which can have an impact on a server's ability to upload files to directories unless they have their permissions set properly -- but I don't know what directory user uploads go to so it is difficult to check.

Did you provide the forum support team with the phpinfo.php (####.com/phpinfo.php) page that is loaded on your site? They are probably correct that there is a setting that needs to be adjusted, but with no knowledge of how this software operates we do not even know where to look aside from max_upload_size and post_max, which have been adjusted previously in this ticket and had no impact. If they can check that and let us know what settings need to be changed we can certainly do that, but otherwise we are operating blind on what settings are necessary.

Hello

It's disappointing to see someone imply that we are "not interested" when this is far from the case.

Bear in mind we have responded to a number of your ticket replies since the ticket was opened at 8:30pm UK time, on a Saturday and replies have continued into today, a Sunday.

We officially are only available for support Monday to Friday 9am - 5pm, yet we are very much interested in helping people so we often reply outside of these times. As it happens, your most recent replies were sent less than an hour ago, again remembering that it's currently Sunday afternoon, so we've not even had a chance to properly reply, yet.

The replies you have received so far are pretty much as far as we can go. To us, this is clearly a server configuration issue. You said it yourself: it worked for years up until last week. We haven't changed anything in the code that would trigger this. Therefore this is a server configuration issue and therefore your hosts are better placed to know how to help. They should be able to detail to you what has changed since it was last working as it's likely a change they have made which has caused this - especially if you're now in a situation where you can't upload anything - this is very unusual.

So they're not really going in blind. Sometimes the values we have asked you to look at are overridden in other areas such as other config files or web server specific configs.

What's the file size of the smallest file which fails to upload? Is it just the Gallery or attachments to posts also?

I appreciate the help...

I have tried uploading a simple .txt.... which is 188 bytes

We're ultimately going to see a duplication of effort by having staff support this on the forum and by ticket.

Please reply to the ticket with a FTP hostname, username and password and we'll continue this there. We have some more things to check out which may provide more clues we can give to your host.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom