XF 2.2 Attachments upload but don't save [Fixed]

VozValden

I am using XF 2.2. My PHP settings are: upload_max_filesize = 40M post_max_size = 40M.

I am able to upload attachments, and attachments to resources. However when I post a thread the attachment just disappears. And when I try to post a resource it says
Oops! We ran into some problems. You must upload a file or provide an external download URL.

No errors in console either. I am unsure how to get attachments working.

When posting a resource, are you adding the attachment to the resource, or the editor?

This is the button to add the resource file:

1611609063720.webp

What is the sequence of events when you click and upload?

Is there an error?

Does the attachment show on the page?
When I create a new attachment, I upload the file and it reaches a 100% and then shows the filename at the bottom of the thumbnail. It is a .jar file. Which I added to the list of file types allowed. I fill out my resource and then click post and then it shows me the error message "Oops! We ran into some problems. You must upload a file or provide an external download URL.". It does or doesnt appear on the page because it won't let me even post the resource.

I tried to isolate the issue and tried attaching the file to a regular forum post and it will upload and show the filename. But when I create the post it refreshes and shows my post but the attachment just vanished. No record of me ever uploading it.

No issues here creating a resource or thread with a .jar file.

If the file is uploading successfully but the "Oops! We ran into some problems. You must upload a file or provide an external download URL." error appears when you click save or the attachment is disappearing from posts, then it sounds like a third party add-on or customisation may be involved, or possibly something server side.

Can you try with the attached file - unzip it first.

I tried the attached sample jar file and still does not work. I will try contacting my hosting company and see if there is anything server side going on then since I don't have anything 3rd party installed.

Top Bottom