Lack of interest Attachments - show in browser where appropriate.

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

James

Certain attachments (such as text documents, pdf documents, images) can be shown in the browser considering the browser displays these filetypes. Why don't we take advantage of that and display these in the browser to prevent us having to download them to view them? I just clicked a link 'View attachment 123' and it downloaded a text document. I had no icon showing me it was a text document, it was just an attachment.

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I just randomly typed [attach]X[///attach] where x = a random number. i think you have to upload it through the editor for the image to show.[/attach]

Just so you know, text documents and some other things aren't safe to display because of IE's magic byte sniffing. Only images will be shown inline for security reasons.

Just so you know, text documents and some other things aren't safe to display because of IE's magic byte sniffing. Only images will be shown inline for security reasons.
Is this the same with PDF documents? I've not read into (more of) IE's errors with regard to technology advances.

Top Bottom