Add-on Attachment Management

QenTox

After checking out these 2 add-ons:

Attachment Manager
Attachment Viewer

I think the Attachments Management is not done very well in XenForo. Wait... it seems, there is no Attachment Managemet at all in XenForo right now! I like the way you can use them as full images, thumbnails and view them in popup window, but what a waste of resources it is not to be able to use them again?

Let's make a real example: I am creating news threads, where I use a lot of images. Let's say I already made 4 news threads about the game GTA 5 with image attachments.

The easiest way to find attachments from those 4 news threads would be if I could search (browse) in attachments and
  • filter attachments by forum (will display attachments from only a specified forum)
  • filter attachments by thread title (entering gta 5 would find only attachments from threads with GTA 5 in title)
  • filter attachments by tags (will only find attachments from threads tagged by word GTA 5)
  • filter attachments by filename (should have mentioned this in 1st place)
What I am looking for?
  • to reuse not only your attachments, but any attachment uploaded to your site
  • to display all of them in front-end and to be able to search between them and to filter them by various criterias
  • to be able to use them again as full images and thumbnails too (viewable for guests too!)
  • to be able to search only for images (you can attach packaged files and other things too afaik)
Again I really like the way how easy it is to upload files (images) to threads and how well they can be used in thread. But there really should be a way to re-use those attachments again for everyone and not to upload dupes again and again...

If someone could code this for me then please don't hesitate and contact me with a quote. Thanks!

Top Bottom