Awaiting feedback Attachment Error in Forum Post

Affected version
Noticed this error today when I uploaded an image from my phone, underneath the spoiler. This was a direct desktop error, and clicking on the pixelated photo still showed the photo with no problems. After refreshing the browser page, it went back to normal. This is the first time I've experienced this.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-07-03 101645.webp
    Screenshot 2023-07-03 101645.webp
    50.8 KB · Views: 34
Have you fixed up your attachment size in your forum's admincp option section?

your host gives you a certain amount of space something like 1048576mb
It is not automatic. You need to set it properly

This is the set size I have put, it was only noticed this once, and I was able to resize the photo too before I was able to post. Unless you mean for this:
Screenshot 2023-07-05 094029.png
then no, I have not set a certain size yet.

Edit: just updated the size allowed and I put standard of: 1920 x 1080 px

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-07-05 093739.webp
    Screenshot 2023-07-05 093739.webp
    23.2 KB · Views: 23
This is the set size I have put, it was only noticed this once, and I was able to resize the photo too before I was able to post. Unless you mean for this:
then no, I have not set a certain size yet.
Set the size of the attachment to the highest you can go which is what your host has given you.
it will help you show your pics properly without having to resize them

Affected version: v2.2.13

Well, this happened a second time! Went to go take another screenshot on a different computer and of course, it didn't happen. I'm starting to think it's a browser/computer issue. Same thing as before, an image directly uploaded to the forum from my phone. Then it became all pixelated when I clicked out of the 'lightbox' as xenforo calls it. No specific errors on acp other than the usual (server was too slow, etc.) And of course not one of my other members have experienced this.

If I had a nickel for every time this happened, I'd have two nickels. It's weird that it's happened twice, but it still happened :unsure:

Affected version: v2.2.13

Well, this happened a second time! Went to go take another screenshot on a different computer and of course, it didn't happen. I'm starting to think it's a browser/computer issue. Same thing as before, an image directly uploaded to the forum from my phone. Then it became all pixelated when I clicked out of the 'lightbox' as xenforo calls it. No specific errors on acp other than the usual (server was too slow, etc.) And of course not one of my other members have experienced this.

If I had a nickel for every time this happened, I'd have two nickels. It's weird that it's happened twice, but it still happened :unsure:
See the insert image icon in the editor. It looks like a picture
Click on that
Then upload your image

Does uploading the same image reproduce the problem consistently? Inclined to agree this is some odd browser/OS issue but happy to look closer if there's a way to reproduce it consistently.

See the insert image icon in the editor. It looks like a picture
Click on that
Then upload your image
That's what I've done, and it's only happened twice, both photos had been from my phone. When I refresh the browser, that issue goes away.
Does uploading the same image reproduce the problem consistently? Inclined to agree this is some odd browser/OS issue but happy to look closer if there's a way to reproduce it consistently.
Well, I could try uploading the same image again and see if that issue happens- let me see what it does and I'll get back to you asap.

Okay, I just did the exact same steps. I uploaded the image via phone, and posted by my phone- I will also note I usually always resize my photos to 250 x auto. When I went to view it on my browser from my computer (Usually chrome) that's when it'll be pixelated-- But this time, that same image was not pixelated after viewing it (clicked on it and bringing up actual size to see it). I will note that to view my forum on my phone I use a bookmarked version and that's how I prefer to upload (I can upload from my computer but I don't specifically remember if this has happened by uploading from my browser before but if it does happen I'll let you know)

I'd say it's a unique error on my end at this point, and that I don't have any errors relating to it in the acp when it does happen.

Aha! It happened again, just went back to where I uploaded it originally in the pms- (mind you the first time it happened was outside of pms) clicked on it, clicked out and boom, pixelated. Here's the attached photo.
Screenshot 2024-01-30 084829.webp but when I click on the photo, I can view it just fine- and if I refresh the page, the image resets.

🤷‍♀️

edit: I went back to the original post photo *back in july of last year, and went to see if I could duplicate the error again, but alas, the photo is perfectly fine.

Update: I went to a thread of mine that had multiple posts and pictures. I was clicking through each one, scrolled up to the next image, and it was pixelated. Perhaps it's a lightbox issue?
Screenshot 2024-01-30 102646.webp

edit: This is what I have currently in my settings, if it helps. Screenshot 2024-01-30 103019.webp

edit2: Here's another screenshot, when I exit the lightbox, it seems only certain photos are affected at a time. (There are a total of 40 in this thread)
Screenshot 2024-01-30 103230.webp

Last edited:
Top Bottom