Attaching files to conversations here...is now implemented for licensed customers

Liam W

in memoriam 1998-2020
Is there a particular reason no-one except staff can attach files to conversations here?

It's a pain when doing custom development through conversations - I have to upload it elsewhere, and it can stagger a bit...

Just thinking out loud :)

EDIT: I understand it might be for spam and security purposes, but if that's the case, just let active or well-known members have access?

Liam

Last edited:
It is highly frustrating.

I can't remember what the rationale was when I inquired previously, but it struck me as unnecessarily restrictive for trusted members.

It would be an improvement if it could be a privilege that could be earned. Well known member plus licensed would be perfect.

Yes, I also find this frustrating, having to upload the image into my own forum, copy the URL, and then embed it into the PC on here. That is one of the reasons I ask people to pop over to my own site now rather than discussing stuff on here via PC.

Is there a particular reason no-one except staff can attach files to conversations here?

It's a pain when doing custom development through conversations - I have to upload it elsewhere, and it can stagger a bit...

Just thinking out loud :)

EDIT: I understand it might be for spam and security purposes, but if that's the case, just let active or well-known members have access?

Liam
+1

The reason that I remember seeing was that basically it can't be moderated properly.

Hope it can be turned on though. :) Would make a real difference.

The reason that I remember seeing was that basically it can't be moderated properly.

Hope it can be turned on though. :) Would make a real difference.

It can be moderated properly. You just have to want to do it. You can sort attachments in the admin area by conversations and easily see what has been posted.

Just another nudge on this one.

Earlier on I needed to show a screenshot to someone. All I wanted to do was to use Grab, copy to clipboard and paste into the editor. Instead, I had to load Imgur, log in to Imgur, paste into Imgur, copy the link to the clipboard before finally pasting it into the conversation.

And, all in all, typically it isn't very exciting stuff, but having the ability there does save rather a lot of time.

Not very exciting at all...

upload_2014-6-8_23-23-16.webp

Reactions: Bob
Top Bottom