1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Attaching files to conversations here...is now implemented for licensed customers

Discussion in 'General XenForo Discussion and Feedback' started by Liam W, May 26, 2014.

1. Liam W

Liam W Well-Known Member

Is there a particular reason no-one except staff can attach files to conversations here?

It's a pain when doing custom development through conversations - I have to upload it elsewhere, and it can stagger a bit...

Just thinking out loud :)

EDIT: I understand it might be for spam and security purposes, but if that's the case, just let active or well-known members have access?

Last edited: May 26, 2014
    Syndol, Steve F, 0ptima and 10 others like this.
  2. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

It is highly frustrating.

I can't remember what the rationale was when I inquired previously, but it struck me as unnecessarily restrictive for trusted members.

It would be an improvement if it could be a privilege that could be earned. Well known member plus licensed would be perfect.
    Steve F, oman, Daniel Hood and 5 others like this.
  3. ehd

ehd Active Member

4. MattW

MattW Well-Known Member

Yes, I also find this frustrating, having to upload the image into my own forum, copy the URL, and then embed it into the PC on here. That is one of the reasons I ask people to pop over to my own site now rather than discussing stuff on here via PC.
    Steve F likes this.
  5. Allan

Allan Well-Known Member

6. oman

oman Well-Known Member

The reason that I remember seeing was that basically it can't be moderated properly.

Hope it can be turned on though. :) Would make a real difference.
  7. BamaStangGuy

BamaStangGuy Well-Known Member

It can be moderated properly. You just have to want to do it. You can sort attachments in the admin area by conversations and easily see what has been posted.
  8. oman

oman Well-Known Member

Yeah true. We'll see what happens. :)
  9. Chris D

Just another nudge on this one.

Earlier on I needed to show a screenshot to someone. All I wanted to do was to use Grab, copy to clipboard and paste into the editor. Instead, I had to load Imgur, log in to Imgur, paste into Imgur, copy the link to the clipboard before finally pasting it into the conversation.

And, all in all, typically it isn't very exciting stuff, but having the ability there does save rather a lot of time.

Not very exciting at all...

Bob likes this.
  10. Slavik

Slavik XenForo Moderator Staff Member

We had a quick chat about it before, and I think the general line of thinking is enabling it for licensed customers will be fine, don't quote me on it yet though :)
    MattW, wedgar, Amaury and 7 others like this.
  11. Chris D

Bob, MattW, Syndol and 2 others like this.
  12. Valhalla

Valhalla Well-Known Member

I would love this too. :)
  13. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

This is now implemented for licensed customers.
    Amaury, FredC, Chris D and 6 others like this.
  14. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

Excellent news! No more faffing around with hosting images elsewhere for reporting any issues when beta testing add-ons. ;)
    Sheldon and Chris D like this.
  15. Liam W

Liam W Well-Known Member

I'm liking the sneaky title edit...

But yay :) That'll make it much easier!
  16. Slavik

Slavik XenForo Moderator Staff Member

It's ok, you can quote me on it now :D
    Chris D and FredC like this.