Lack of interest Assigning User Groups at Sign Up

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

phatollie

Hi

We have recently launched phatollie.com and are using the member map add-on so that skate parks can add their location.
No, what I would like to be able to do is at the sign up stage, can I include a field whereby the visitor selects whether they are a "Skateboarder" or a "Skatepark" and then automatically get assigned to that user group, obviously we want this forum to be huge and dont want to have to assign user groups manually.
I'm sure this is something that is already "in the box" but I just cant find it :(
Any help would be appreciated xenforo'ers :) thanks.

Tony

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
It's not in the box.
When 1.1 comes, you can use custom profile fields which, in your case, would be a drop-down. Then you'd use an add-on to assign to the usergroup.

Thanks James, do you know when 1.1 is coming?
It's not in the box.
When 1.1 comes, you can use custom profile fields which, in your case, would be a drop-down. Then you'd use an add-on to assign to the usergroup.

Thanks James, do you know when 1.1 is coming?

Top Bottom