Lack of interest Suspend Certain User Groups At Will

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Claverhouse

It is tedious work setting up labyrinthine Permissions for each individual User Group; more so when those groups won't be active for a while, and it would save some server queries not to have unused groups being loaded.

There are various valid reasons for temporarily retiring groups, particularly in old forums ( and I have been ruthless in deleting those probably never needed more ); but specifically in my Forum we have no moderators, only well-trusted admins --- since they are all equally capable and deserving of powers. If you don't trust someone with admin status why trust them as moderators ? This class system just seems a relic of the past.

So I would like to disable the Moderating and Super-Moderating Groups as surplus to needs. There may come a day when they should be restored, though, so it's god to have them in reserve, permissions already set; and probably just eliminating them would be unwise.

So some switch to turn off individual groups would be ideal.

Plus there is a little trap in setting up permissions:

In between categories, there are moderator permissions --- for illustration Registered Users: and these are rolled up, and very easily missed:

General Permissions
General Moderator Permissions
Forum Permissions
Forum Moderator Permissions
Conversation Permissions
Conversation Moderator Permissions
Signature Permissions
-
Profile Post Permissions
Profile Post Moderator Permissions

I very nearly allowed many more permissions than I intended, and it must be very difficult for the sight disabled to see these by default near hidden lines. I would suggest they all come as already open, instead of some open and some closed.

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Top Bottom