1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Asking about "mysqli prepare error"

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Likan, Jun 9, 2013.

1. Likan

Likan Member

Hi everyone,

I had a problem when I installed addons Thread Thumbnails by Waindigo, Waindigo suggestted me posting here and looking for someone can help me solve the problems.

Code:
    An exception occurred: Mysqli prepare error: MySQL server has gone away in /home/nintendo/domains/nintendovn.com/public_html/forum/library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php on line 77

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
    Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
    Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
    Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 825
    Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchOne() in XenForo/Error.php at line 48
    XenForo_Error::unexpectedException() in XenForo/Application.php at line 309
    XenForo_Application::handleException()
    Waindigo recommended me to disable all add-ons and tried to check off all options, after that I enabled the add-on again, but I didn't still fix it.
    If you have any advice, please give me or any suggestion replacement add-ons.

Thank you in advance.

Likan.

2. tyteen4a03

tyteen4a03 Well-Known Member

The error says the MySQL server is down. Might want to check server stability.

3. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

That error is caused by one of these MySQL settings being exceeded:

wait_timeout
    max_allowed_packet

Your host or server person needs to increase these settings in MySQL. There is more info here:

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/gone-away.html