Artist fan site - Morrissey-solo.com

azzurro

http://www.morrissey-solo.com/

Active fan site for artist Morrissey started in 1997. Just moved over from vBulletin 4 - 1.6m vB4 forum posts since 2006. About 3000 vB4 CMS articles since 2011 also ported over to use XenPorta 2.

I began evaluating the possibility of a move a few months ago and it was clear early on this would be the best course of action. All the main features and functionality I needed were provided for by the core software or through plugins. The move was smooth sailing for the most part. Great to be part of the XenForo community now!

Hi, and welcome to XenForo, :)

I think your site's style needs a little work. What I would do first off, is remove the border-radius and gradient from the category strip, and make it a little higher. A dark brown square-cornered category strip would look a lot better with the background colours, just my opinion though, :)

Thanks for the feedback! I'm not too strong with graphic design, it's mainly a customization of the basic XenForo theme. I'll try your suggestions and see how it looks.

Hi, and welcome to XenForo, :)

I think your site's style needs a little work. What I would do first off, is remove the border-radius and gradient from the category strip, and make it a little higher. A dark brown square-cornered category strip would look a lot better with the background colours, just my opinion though, :)

Viva Hate! Been reading for years. What happened to the tour archive pre 1997 (under the tour navtab)? Either way, a mighty fine hateful online crèche :p Keep up the good work (y)

Cheers GeeBee, nice to meet someone here familiar with the creche! ;) I don't think there was anything pre-1997 in the tour archive before but I went ahead and added links to the wiki which has some info.

Viva Hate! Been reading for years. What happened to the tour archive pre 1997 (under the tour navtab)? Either way, a mighty fine hateful online crèche :p Keep up the good work (y)

As of Monday David Tseng who for years claimed to be all for free speech banned a number of people from his website. In some cases anonymous posts were removed later though some stuck on the website because other users quoted them.
No reason left for it and for years he allowed racism and illegal links and more so I have downloaded the website and made official complaints to a number of authorities and organisations working with these things.
For many years David seemed unaware that his moderators did a bad job and moderated the website out of their own bias and thinking rather than following TOS.
Shame that Xenforo is backing a website and a website owner who doesn't abide by the laws of freedom of speech and harasses certain people because of their political views. This is a man whose family came to USA as immigrants and he cannot even follow the laws and rules of the new country his family came to.
Morrissey has been harassed and attacked by David Tseng who despite getting kicked out of his gig in Denmark kept on with the website despite the singers obvious dislike of it.
David Tseng is just posing as a defender of free speech but his own political views has made him turn to censorship and deleting posts that abide by the TOS of the website.
Xenforo should be ashamed of backing a man so obviously in contempt of american laws. Banning users who did no wrong with some made up reason to ban them is just a small minded action by a very insecure man. The website is widely known to have the worst moderators on the internet.
There are only small minded yes sayers left on the Morrissey Solo forum now and they deserve each other.

As of Monday David Tseng who for years claimed to be all for free speech banned a number of people from his website. In some cases anonymous posts were removed later though some stuck on the website because other users quoted them.
No reason left for it and for years he allowed racism and illegal links and more so I have downloaded the website and made official complaints to a number of authorities and organisations working with these things.
For many years David seemed unaware that his moderators did a bad job and moderated the website out of their own bias and thinking rather than following TOS.
Shame that Xenforo is backing a website and a website owner who doesn't abide by the laws of freedom of speech and harasses certain people because of their political views. This is a man whose family came to USA as immigrants and he cannot even follow the laws and rules of the new country his family came to.
Morrissey has been harassed and attacked by David Tseng who despite getting kicked out of his gig in Denmark kept on with the website despite the singers obvious dislike of it.
David Tseng is just posing as a defender of free speech but his own political views has made him turn to censorship and deleting posts that abide by the TOS of the website.
Xenforo should be ashamed of backing a man so obviously in contempt of american laws. Banning users who did no wrong with some made up reason to ban them is just a small minded action by a very insecure man. The website is widely known to have the worst moderators on the internet.
There are only small minded yes sayers left on the Morrissey Solo forum now and they deserve each other.

XenForo staff has no control over what transpires on third party websites.

XenForo staff has no control over what transpires on third party websites.
I am aware of that but I think that is a weakness which means that Xenforo and other companies and service providers end up backing just about anything going on out there.
Usually there would be some rules a website would be ordered to follow to enjoy a service like Xenforo.
I am writing a piece for a newspaper about online forums and free speech. So far it seems a majority are breaking their own TOS but also the terms of service set up by the service they are using as a platform.
Since David Tseng became a public figure worldwide after Morrissey threw him out of a concert I am going to highlight him and his personal responsibility since he made some comments when Morrissey banned him that goes against his own personal actions in regards to his own website.
He is one of a few website owners that will be highlighted and the first article will be about him and Morrissey Solo.
Thanks for your kind reply.

Thanks and I will look into it now. Amazing forum you guys have going here with quick replies and awesome service.
Did not take long to realise that David Tseng has been breaking the license agreement part which states the following:

You are solely responsible for ensuring that Your Content and Your use of the Software complies with all applicable legislation and regulations, including but not limited to all applicable Data Protection and Privacy legislation. You undertake to ensure that the Software is not used by You or others to engage in illegal activity. You may not use the Software to engage in any activity that would violate the rights of third parties. You may not use the Software in conjunction with any other software you do not have a valid license to use. You hereby agree to indemnify Us from any loss or damage arising from Your breach of this provision.

Now the question is where do you send the evidence of him breaching the license agreement?

Is there anyone here who can help me as I cannot post illegal comments and other things on this forum?

Last edited:
I doubt you will get anywhere, as what you have described won't be in any violations but you can use the contact us form.
So racist comments and hate speech allowed to be posted and not removed is not a violation including links to illegal material?

I have generally described it but not left any evidence of it as that would violate the rules of Xenforo and this forum. Thank you for the link and all your help.

Typical banned troll using personal information to attack in any desperate way they can. I'm sure many XenForo users have seen their fair share and will ignore the manipulation attempts.

Typical banned troll using personal information to attack in any desperate way they can. I'm sure many XenForo users have seen their fair share and will ignore the manipulation attempts.
I can wholeheartedly deny that it is about anything like that as this is about antisemitism and even worse. It is my job to report on things and write articles.
At first I got that feeling then I saw and read the shocking evidence myself. The investigation will carry on.

In the first instance, any issues should be reported to the site owner directly.

For any content which breaches laws or regulations, the host and/or relevant authorities should be alerted.

If the site breaches the XF license terms then submit a ticket: https://xenforo.com/contact/

However, any action we may take with regards to the license will not remove the site or content - we have no access to third party sites, nor the servers they are hosted on.

Any further posts on this issue will be deleted from this thread.

In the first instance, any issues should be reported to the site owner directly.

For any content which breaches laws or regulations, the host and/or relevant authorities should be alerted.

If the site breaches the XF license terms then submit a ticket: https://xenforo.com/contact/

However, any action we may take with regards to the license will not remove the site or content - we have no access to third party sites, nor the servers they are hosted on.

Any further posts on this issue will be deleted from this thread.
I actually tried to contact you as your name came up but I saw that you were not keen on direct messages so thanks for joining this thread and making things clear.

I have reported it on the link you and another member posted.

Kind regards,
Neill

Top Bottom