1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Artist fan site - Morrissey-solo.com

Discussion in 'Forum Showcase and Critiques' started by azzurro, May 22, 2016.

1. azzurro

azzurro Member

Active fan site for artist Morrissey started in 1997. Just moved over from vBulletin 4 - 1.6m vB4 forum posts since 2006. About 3000 vB4 CMS articles since 2011 also ported over to use XenPorta 2.

I began evaluating the possibility of a move a few months ago and it was clear early on this would be the best course of action. All the main features and functionality I needed were provided for by the core software or through plugins. The move was smooth sailing for the most part. Great to be part of the XenForo community now!
    empire likes this.
  2. Lawrence

Lawrence Well-Known Member

Hi, and welcome to XenForo, :)

I think your site's style needs a little work. What I would do first off, is remove the border-radius and gradient from the category strip, and make it a little higher. A dark brown square-cornered category strip would look a lot better with the background colours, just my opinion though, :)
  3. azzurro

azzurro Member

Thanks for the feedback! I'm not too strong with graphic design, it's mainly a customization of the basic XenForo theme. I'll try your suggestions and see how it looks.

4. Malibu

Malibu Member

i like colors, good work :) it seems active :)
    azzurro likes this.
  5. GeeBee

GeeBee Member

Viva Hate! Been reading for years. What happened to the tour archive pre 1997 (under the tour navtab)? Either way, a mighty fine hateful online crèche :p Keep up the good work (y)
  6. azzurro

azzurro Member

Cheers GeeBee, nice to meet someone here familiar with the creche! ;) I don't think there was anything pre-1997 in the tour archive before but I went ahead and added links to the wiki which has some info.

GeeBee likes this.