Articles 11 & 13 from the EU Copyright Directive

Well, the first thing Google should now do is pull Google News out of Europe, just as they did with Spain when Spain passed their own link tax bullcrap. Maybe it will get some of the EU Parliament who are in the pockets of big business to think twice before the final vote in April.
I think everyone else should just block the EU completely...or start charging a "viewing tax" to EU members. Every page visit costs x amount of money.

If the EC pass these stupid articles I have a feeling it will have 2 effects:

1. Increase the usage of VPN tech even more (which paints a bigger target on VPNs for the lawmakers to chase)
2. Decimate EU hosting companies as people/Companies will simply start to host outside of the EU

Probably a boon to forums too, with many more of them going private. When you apply to join you might be presented with a question like, "Do you or have you ever worked for..." - fill in the name of whatever EU copyright enforcement agency. 🤣

Increase the usage of VPN tech even more (which paints a bigger target on VPNs for the lawmakers to chase)

Well, yeah, that's only a matter of time. And you'll almost certainly find that every politician in favor of outlawing VPN's will have received multiple handsome payoffs by corporations that would stand to benefit from such laws. But of course the politicians would be spinning it as a national security issue, on top of "protecting our children," blah blah blah.

Well, yeah, that's only a matter of time. And you'll almost certainly find that every politician in favor of outlawing VPN's will have received multiple handsome payoffs by corporations that would stand to benefit from such laws. But of course the politicians would be spinning it as a national security issue, on top of "protecting our children," blah blah blah.
Oh I know but then people will look at making IPSEC easier, using SSL VPN tunnels, tinc etc.

You are not wrong though :(

This was more than a month ago but still relevant:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Isn't agreeing to license their content the first thing any user has to do upon registering for an account on a Xenforo forum (or any other major forum software platform).

Then the owner of said content can report it and have it removed. Like we do now.
I was under the impression that the EU proposed regulation put the onus on the site owner to actively manage copyright infringement and will be the one taken to task if content is found on the site - regardless of who put it there?

I was under the impression that the EU proposed regulation put the onus on the site owner to actively manage copyright infringement and will be the one taken to task if content is found on the site - regardless of who put it there?
From what I'm gathering, the proposed regulation is putting the onus on the site owner to prevent it from even being posted. Someone please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Top Bottom