Implemented Article Thread List needs Better Styling Defaults

arn

I realize that this can be changed in individual themes... but defaults do matter.

The excerpt format for article excerpts should be improved. A sidebar or some other limitations would help legibility significantly on desktop views. It looks ok on Mobile due to the limited width of the page.

See:

The optimal line length for your body text is considered to be 50-60 characters per line, including spaces (“Typographie”, E. Ruder). Other sources suggest that up to 75 characters is acceptable. So what’s the downsides of violating this range?

• Too wide – if a line of text is too long the reader’s eyes will have a hard time focusing on the text. This is because the line length makes it difficult to gauge where the line starts and ends. Furthermore it can be difficult to continue onto the correct line in large blocks of text.

Screen Shot 2020-07-23 at 8.06.16 AM.webpScreen Shot 2020-07-23 at 8.06.10 AM.webp

Upvote 25
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
I also feel a thread image would help as the user’s eye is drawn towards the picture, and hence the thread. I think my suggestion below would aid the styling and readability.

FWIW, adding an image (and a tag line) is something we've been looking into, but at this point there is no simple facility to enforce the upload of an image when starting a thread. It's definitely on our radar for future implementation though.

Can we have an update about this? Is eventually scheduled during the betas or eventually for 2.3?

Implemented

Super cool! The using of schema.org markup is the cherry on top.

Implemented in 2.2 Beta 2.

Pew Pew Reaction GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Top Bottom