ARRRGGHHHHH

DRE

I just demoted all my regular members account on accident. Actually I didn't. Something I set in User Promotions did. This is horrible.

expletive expletive expletive

that's how i really feel right now. so aggravating.

lol I've resorted to creating a thread on my site asking members to tell me what requirements they want noobs to have in order to be promoted to regular membership. If my site didn't have activity I'd straight up throw in the towel. I don't wanna deal with this crap I just wanna play GTA V and work on my book.

I haven't even updated to 1.2.2 and don't plan on doing so anytime soon. That should tell you how much IDGAF about my forum right now cause I'm usually the first to update and screw up something.

lol I've resorted to creating a thread on my site asking members to tell me what requirements they want noobs to have in order to be promoted to regular membership. If my site didn't have activity I'd straight up throw in the towel. I don't wanna deal with this crap I just wanna play GTA V and work on my book.
You know you feel this way now, but we both know that 8thos is your baby & you're not going anywhere.

I think everyone has those moments where you want to scream and shout. But at the end of the day, you hold on and never give up. That's the key to success

posts > 5;

jk, seriously though... feel ya on gta5 being a life sucker.

Work on your book?

Why give up? Got a decent community it seems, why throw in the towel?

I don't feel like fixing this. I think I'm going to make my site proof pic only.

Noobs will just have regular privileges. 8th Sign or GTFO as the new motto?

I don't feel like fixing this. I think I'm going to make my site proof pic only.

Noobs will just have regular privileges. 8th Sign or GTFO as the new motto?
8thos sign or GTFO? I'm assuming you mean how you like having people do that thing with their hands & posting a photo.

You of course still want to encourage growth and development of your community. Limiting it only to people who can upload a photo of them self isn't going to help with that.

8thos sign or GTFO? I'm assuming you mean how you like having people do that thing with their hands & posting a photo.

You of course still want to encourage growth and development of your community. Limiting it only to people who can upload a photo of them self isn't going to help with that.
Man I don't even care anymore. About a hundred members are already proof pic verified anyaway.

Damn, your sites closed. I haven't had my dose of drama for today yet...
It's been closed since September 4th. I'm trying to implement some changes that will monetize the site before I open it again.

I finally got donations set up and everything but @Robbo donation modification doesn't register credit card donations for some reason.

It's been closed since September 4th. I'm trying to implement some changes that will monetize the site before I open it again.

I finally got donations set up and everything but @Robbo donation modification doesn't register credit card donations for some reason.
Being frank here, do you even have enough traffic to support monetization? Focusing too much on trying to get it monetized, instead of building the community, can really hurt it in both the long and short term. I personally made the mistake of trying to monetize it before it was ready.

Being frank here, do you even have enough traffic to support monetization? Focusing too much on trying to get it monetized, instead of building the community, can really hurt it in both the long and short term. I personally made the mistake of trying to monetize it before it was ready.
Yeah. I've gotten enough donations in the past two weeks to pay for the site's hosting and then some after I added the donation bar.

but that MIGHT be because I set the donation bar at $50 and because credit card donations don't show, it looks like I haven't met goal (even though I have). So members see it and try to match the goal (even tho it's already been reached).

I made the chatbox paid usergroup only and people started complaining, then other members decided to donate just to use the chatbox. holy crap that thing is serious business.

I made the chatbox paid usergroup only and people started complaining, then other members decided to donate just to use the chatbox. holy crap that thing is serious business.
Yeah been there done that, talk about starting a revolt.

My solution was to make it so that you need an X amount of posts AND an X amount of likes (to prevent post spamming) before you see the chatbox. There might also be a X days registered in there as well, can't remember.

Reactions: DRE
Top Bottom