1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are You Buying More Licenses In Support? I Am!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Anthony Parsons, Oct 5, 2010.

1. Anthony Parsons

Anthony Parsons Well-Known Member

I only need 2 licenses, but now with IB taking action against xenforo, I'm buying 4, just as a donation to xenforo to assist their fight against Goliath. I hope xenforo establish a legal donation pool to help them fight this cause, and send out a global PR to garnish support for their cause. I would donate to that too...

Are you now buying more licenses to support the cause?

2. Forsaken

Forsaken Well-Known Member

I'll be buying one to start with, though I've talked about 3-4 people into possible licenses -for sure-.

I might buy a few more later on, depending on what we hear regarding the lawsuit (If they need financial support especially).

Anthony Parsons likes this.
  3. Mert

Mert Well-Known Member

I'll be buying 2 licenses immediately and after checking code i may increase the number of license i purchase

4. fattony69

fattony69 Well-Known Member

I plan on 1 or 2 still. I can't afford more :(

5. Iestyn

Iestyn Active Member

I plan to buy a license too I think =]

6. Onimua

Onimua Well-Known Member

That's my position too. I can only afford to get one at this time as well.

7. Shamil

Shamil Well-Known Member

Hi Anthony!

8. This type of support is too costly

9. Shamil

Shamil Well-Known Member

Buying a license is costly? I send over £400 in donations to a charity every month.

lazer and Anthony Parsons like this.
  10. Anthony Parsons

Anthony Parsons Well-Known Member

Hey Shamil....

11. Mert

Mert Well-Known Member

It is costly but keep in mind you are investing to a script that possibly has a great future lying ahead

12. Mert

Mert Well-Known Member

Good for you but not everyone has the same income level and honestly any charity donation should be kept as secret.

13. For a college student it is

14. Shamil

Shamil Well-Known Member

I'm not going to disclose the exact amount, but that's around as close as anyone will get to know. For a forum software investment, it's not the most expensive, and if they've got money to flaunder of buy excess good which fall into a pathetic fallacy of wants, then they can afford XenForo. However, just one note: I am not sure how hard it is to earn $100, becuase £66 is pretty standard over here nowadays.

15. Shamil

Shamil Well-Known Member

Hi other college student. :)

16. tlsoft_tib

tlsoft_tib Member

Hy there. I never use VBulletin before, just as an frontend user (maybe one time i saw the back end). But this XenForo will be great, I think. I always use MyBB for community, but i think i buy one XenForo license for testing purposes.

Keep it up!

Darren Gordon likes this.
  17. Forsaken

Forsaken Well-Known Member

You're not the only one, just most people have class not to toss it out there all the time :rolleyes:.

18. Plus XenForo is a for profit company, not a charity

19. Sador

Sador Well-Known Member

I really can't pay for as much licenses as I'd like to support with.

20. Carlos

Carlos Well-Known Member

3 licenses on day one!