1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are You Blocked By Fortiguard?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by DRE, Jun 6, 2012.

1. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

Quite seriously annoying to know that your site will be blocked by web filters just because you have a forum running on your root. I made my site for my wiki (which uses xencarta), but since the wiki is on xenforo, it's blocked by Fortiguard, which blocks sites that run forum software. It used to not do so but it's done it to a lot of site's recently. This really pisses me off. I mean I could request for them to unblock it but I don't want to with xenforo on the root and the site being mostly user-generated content. User-generated content justifies a block since user-generated content ain't always work-safe. This makes me think of Wordpress as an alternative for my site's root. I don't think it will block wordpress. I'm going to experiment with another domain first.
  2. Joeychgo

Joeychgo Well-Known Member

My sites arent blocked by them.... as far as I can tell
  3. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

Your xenforo sites?
  4. rollthebones

rollthebones Active Member

Figure out how it detects XenForo, and find a way around it? It isn't sketchy (IMO) unless your content is actually not work safe.
  5. MagnusB

MagnusB Well-Known Member

As I see it only categorize sites and it is up to the admin / customer to decide what categories to block. Getting out of one category doesn't really mean you end up not being blocked. I would say that trying to get around the filter might end up hurting you more in the long run.

At my job, The Sun is blocked because it is listed as "adult content"....
  6. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

My XenForo site is categorised as Games (correct) and therefore doesn't appear to be blocked.
  7. Andy.N

Andy.N Well-Known Member

My site is categorized as Business since 2010 so I'm good ;)
  8. The Dark Wizard

The Dark Wizard Well-Known Member

I tried to look up fortiguard but I am kind of overwhelmed with a few things at the moment, could some one kindly explain what it is?
  9. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

10. The Dark Wizard

The Dark Wizard Well-Known Member

Nothing bad on my end, just unclassified.
  11. Lost

Lost Well-Known Member

My site is classified as 'Government and Legal Organizations'.
  12. Cal

Cal Well-Known Member

Mines not listed at all lol
  13. whyweprotest

whyweprotest Well-Known Member

Political Organizations

14. Adam Howard

Adam Howard Well-Known Member

Link :D
  15. Lost

Lost Well-Known Member

I sent you a message.