XF 1.4 Are profile posts or status updates scanned with Akismet?

Ridemonkey

Obviously threads and posts are scanned, but I don't believe that conversations are... Which other posts are scanned with Akismet by default in XF?

user_about, user_signature are also scanned. But they evaporate into a blackhole on being blocked and do not hit the moderation queue.

https://xenforo.com/community/threads/akismet-matched-user-content-moderation-queue.83402

Suggestion that this massive oversight should be fixed.

Just "liked" the post... Right now I'm using TAC's StopHumanSpam which has the same problem (no exposure to the blocks except in a log) but allows me to separate those items out from the Spam Trigger log. It has the additional problem where anything but posts that get caught cannot be approved - so a legitimate user who is flagged for spam when sending a conversation or making a profile post just gets blocked and I have no way to allow it.

So do you know if profile posts or status updates are scanned?

So do you know if profile posts or status updates are scanned?
Status updates are a type of profile post.

In stock XenForo 1.4, the following are spam checked:
  • conversation - New Conversation message (title + 1st conversation message)
  • conversation_message - Edit/Reply Conversation message
  • user_about - User About
  • user_signature - User Signature
  • thread - New Thread (title + 1st post)
  • profile_post - Profile post.
  • post - forum post.
  • Profile update status - not logged to spam trigger log. (bug?)
Only the following have moderation queue handlers, and populate the moderation queue:
  • thread
This means the following content is completely deleted with only the spam trigger log to know it happened:
  • user_about
  • user_signature
  • conversation_message
  • conversation

Top Bottom