RM 1.0 Are custom fields searchable? What about having a Resource in multiple categories?

SchmitzIT

The new custom fields are great. I just would like to know whether or not the new custom fields will be searchable?

I.e. If I have an extra custom field added to the RM, will users be able to restrict the results of a search to only those resources that match the custom field values supplied?

Another question I have is whether I can somehow add a resource to multiple categories? I.e. Microsoft Access would classify as a Windows product, and a Database. Could I somehow add it to both categories, without having to duplicate the resource? If not, I'd happily suggest this in the appropriate forum :)

They're not currently searchable. One of the big issues tends to be performance as it's basically a full table scan to do anything with it (as they're not indexed/indexable) so there can be some concerns with exposing it to end users. Might change though.

Thanks, I liked it there.

They're not currently searchable. One of the big issues tends to be performance as it's basically a full table scan to do anything with it (as they're not indexed/indexable) so there can be some concerns with exposing it to end users. Might change though.

It'd be awesome if consideration could be given to it. It'd make the RM more powerful. Perhaps a specific checkbox to have an index added for the new column (I haven't checked the fields out yet, but assume it'd be possible to add them as specific columns which would then allow for indexing) with an explanation of what it does?

Top Bottom