XF 2.2 Are certain elements just inherently together no matter what?

Merlin07

Yeah until I figure somethings out I'll be posting quite a bit xD But any and all help is much appreciated.

Two parts to this.

1. I noticed trying to change the p.title font isn't an issue but it also changes the .button and cta.button to the top right (the "New Posts" & "Post Threads..." So no matter if I add something to remove the buttons shadow it inherited from the p.title change i did, such as adding​

text-shadow: 0 0 0px none;

it still has the same shadow as the p.title. (o.O)

What's funny is I can change the color separately on the buttons but the shadow for some reason remains the same.

Here's what I have

//Ptitle//
.p-title {
font-weight: 900;// yes I need it to stick out
font-size: 24px;
color: white;
text-shadow: 0 0 5px gold;
}

//Buttons Top Right "Post & Thread"//
.button, a.button {
font-size: 14px;
font-family: Arial, sans-serif;
color: #FFFFFF;

2. For some reason the weight doesn't make a difference.​
Now I'm starting to wonder If I missed something or it's "text-shadow" has an invalid value? I figured it's all html

If you're adding to extra.less then it seems to be a specificity issue. You should use your browser element inspection tool to make sure the inheritance is being applied.

Code:
is invalid.

The right code would be text-shadow: none;

that being said, you can adjust your CSS to be more specific to avoid this period. .p-title applies to the entire box. Sounds like you should change p-title to p-title-value which will target just the title and not the description or buttons in the header.

Code:
is invalid.

that being said, you can adjust your CSS to be more specific to avoid this period. .p-title applies to the entire box. Sounds like you should change p-title to p-title-value which will target just the title and not the description or buttons in the header.
I'll try that

Code:
is invalid.

I have a lot to learn. Thanks for the suggestion on the P title change. aaaand showing me my code error

Top Bottom