Add-on Arcade system

I agree, something like v3Arcade...
There was XFArcade, mostly coded by @xfrocks, and these days it is available at his site but I don't know if he is maintaining it not. You can find some of the various XFArcade threads but the 'Cliff Notes' of the situation is that flash based arcades are dying since Flash itself is a dying platform with hardly any support on mobile devices.

The solution would be to switch to HTML5 based games but, to my knowledge, there really isn't a common standard out there (like the old v3A game format,, IPBPro games format, or even MochiMedia) for which games are being coded against so that they could be hosted on a site with the scores submitted to a leaderboard. Until that happens I doubt anybody is going to put any more effort into a Flash games based solution.

Arcade systems are largely a waste of time in today's day and age. Either games are so old that you have to spend time fiddling to get them to work, or the game sites close their APIs or shut down entirely.

It costs way more in terms of support than it could ever make back from sales.

Also, what Kevin said - Flash is dying and HTML5 games are rare or diverse in standard.

Fillip

Top Bottom