Lack of interest Apps: Force naming directories: library/addon-id

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Marcus

My suggestion is that addons have an identifying directory name:

library/addon_id
js/addon_id

If the addon's addon_id is "phils_resource_enhancements" the directory would be "library/phils_resource_enhancements". No other directory name should be allowed.

That way it is easy to know which directory to remove after acp>uninstall this app.

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
No offense but I don't like this idea. A lot of developers make more than one add on. Some name their folders that way but others, especially for small add ons, like to put theirs in like /library/[sitename]/[addonname], so if you want to see all of their add ons you can look in that folder instead of trying to search through 90 (or however many add ons they have installed) /library folders.

Surely it's not that difficult to look in the .zip file and see the file path?
This is exactly what I do when I uninstall an add-on. Not hard really and good practice to have a copy of the zipped add-on to hand anyway in case it's needed, saves faffing about finding it on Xenforo and downloading it again.

Top Bottom