1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lack of Interest Apps: Force naming directories: library/addon-id

Discussion in 'Closed Suggestions' started by Marcus, Jun 13, 2014.

1. Marcus

Marcus Well-Known Member

My suggestion is that addons have an identifying directory name:

library/addon_id
    js/addon_id

If the addon's addon_id is "phils_resource_enhancements" the directory would be "library/phils_resource_enhancements". No other directory name should be allowed.

That way it is easy to know which directory to remove after acp>uninstall this app.

2. Daniel Hood

Daniel Hood Well-Known Member

No offense but I don't like this idea. A lot of developers make more than one add on. Some name their folders that way but others, especially for small add ons, like to put theirs in like /library/[sitename]/[addonname], so if you want to see all of their add ons you can look in that folder instead of trying to search through 90 (or however many add ons they have installed) /library folders.

Chris D and Martok like this.
  3. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Surely it's not that difficult to look in the .zip file and see the file path?

Like Daniel, I too think forcing developers to try and do something a certain way is not a good idea.
    Who's going to police it?

Daniel Hood and Chris D like this.
  4. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

This is exactly what I do when I uninstall an add-on. Not hard really and good practice to have a copy of the zipped add-on to hand anyway in case it's needed, saves faffing about finding it on Xenforo and downloading it again.

Daniel Hood and Chris D like this.