XF 1.2 Approving moderated thread - in moderated forum

tommydamic68

Can you not approve an entire thread? I have approved it, yet when a new member posts, its requires my approval every time, FYI - the at forum is moderated.

Well the add-on is in there if you use the search I gave you.
yes, i had found AND purchased it, however its not what i needed.

If you make a forum "moderated" I wanted each first thread in that forum moderated, once I approve that thread, every post created by any member in that thread would NOT have to be moderated. The reason, I have an adoption section that requires a 250.00 dollar or less adoption fee, so when members post an animal and it meets that criteria - I approve their thread and everyone interest or posts there after does not need moderating. It to safe guard that forum from breeders coming in fly by night and spamming that forum with kittens for sale for xxx dollars.

I don't use that add-on, but would imagine what you need to do for the adoption forum is uncheck "Moderate all messages posted in this forum" (so that replies to threads can be posted without the need for moderator review), and then enable the add-on permission - First Post of thread must be moderated - for all usergroups who are allowed to post a new thread in that forum.

Wouldn't that give you the result you're trying to achieve of making the first post (thread start) moderated?

I don't use that add-on, but would imagine what you need to do for the adoption forum is uncheck "Moderate all messages posted in this forum" (so that replies to threads can be posted without the need for moderator review), and then enable the add-on permission - First Post of thread must be moderated - for all usergroups who are allowed to post a new thread in that forum.

Wouldn't that give you the result you're trying to achieve of making the first post (thread start) moderated?
As long as all user groups could post In the Forum except unregistered and banned of course- good point. Will relook at this add on. Thanks @Clickfinity

Top Bottom