XF 2.0 Approve attachment before availability

b0_123

Hello,

is there an option or add-on which opens the possibility to first approve attachments before the users can see them?

The background is a new law in the EU which attempts service providers to ensure that no copyrighted contents are uploaded on their sites.

Thanks for help!

That directive is no where near being a law, it is scheduled to be finalised in January, and if accepted in its present form, member states will have up to two years to enforce it.

That directive is no where near being a law, it is scheduled to be finalised in January, and if accepted in its present form, member states will have up to two years to enforce it.

Surely uploading of copyright material is not legal already irrespective of any upcoming EU laws.

Most copyright infringements I have noticed are audio tracks and I have found it best to just disallow mp3 etc. as attachments and tell people to embed from a host site such as Youtube or Soundcloud that (theoretically) will do the content matching necessary to catch copyright stuff.

Now with uploading of audio and video to media gallery, you can set permissions for trusted usergroups for audio and /or video which is useful

Other issues are images, but it's easy enough to spot some of those that have copyright notices actually watermarked.

That works for you, but how do you propose to get every user to do that?

I wouldn't I'd just let people know in a cookie notice that by using the site they accept those cookies, as in part 1 of that article.

Or maybe someone will kindly come up with a xenforo embed mod that does it...

XF does this:
Additional cookies and those set by third parties
Additional cookies may be set during the use of the site to remember information as certain actions are being performed, or remembering certain preferences.

Other cookies may be set by third party service providers which may provide information such as tracking anonymously which users are visiting the site, or set by content embedded into some pages, such as YouTube or other media service providers.