XF 2.1 Approvals queue / Stop Forum Spam rejections

CrispinP

Hi,

I have the following settings for user registration
1585738868595.webp

I get a huge amount of users (around 200-300 a week) defeating the Captcha (google) and the SFS catches them (which is brilliant)

I don't understand though why these are brought into the approval queue. Should the settings above not have rejected them?

1585738750742.webp

On the question of rejection, I cannot test this but is a rejection told or is the user black-holed? I would prefer the latter as it lets them assume, for a short while, that it was ok.

Cheers
C

I wonder about this too. Am I supposed to delete SFSers from the database, or does that allow them to come back?

I wonder if an add on could make it so that if the email is on the SFS list, the confirm email never goes out.

I don't understand though why these are brought into the approval queue. Should the settings above not have rejected them?
They only have a single flag each and you have the settings to moderate on 1 flag.
The value in brackets is the number of hits in the SFS database.

I have a new user that has been flagged by stop forum spam, but his name and IP check out as a legitimate user.

Does SFS make mistakes?
Depends on how many checkpoints you use to flag them.
If you use 1, then it's a combination of ANY of the 3 available.. IP, email or USERNAME. So a common username like John could quickly get flagged.
Your Spam log will tell you exactly WHAT that user was detected based upon. What does it indicate?

Screen Shot 2022-12-14 at 11.24.30 AM.webp

Depends on how many checkpoints you use to flag them.
If you use 1, then it's a combination of ANY of the 3 available.. IP, email or USERNAME. So a common username like John could quickly get flagged.
Your Spam log will tell you exactly WHAT that user was detected based upon. What does it indicate?

View attachment 278285
It just showed in the registration cue that the user was on the SFS list. I approved him so it's gone.

It just showed in the registration cue that the user was on the SFS list. I approved him so it's gone.
Unless you are using an add-on that does not log it and if using the default XF settings, then there IS a log there you can check.

ACP -> Logs -> Spam Trigger Log

Screen Shot 2022-12-14 at 1.12.13 PM.webp

Top Bottom