1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.5 Approval

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by MirandaSings, Oct 30, 2015.

1. MirandaSings

MirandaSings Active Member

I am trying to sign up to a forum but I get this:
    Thanks for registering. Your registration must now be approved by an administrator. You will receive an email when a decision has been taken.

Why do I see this? And how do I get this feature on my forum?
  2. Shiro

Shiro Well-Known Member

You see this because the forum administrator has enabled admin-approval mode. He or she must now review your registration for your account to be activated.

This feature can be found in: Options > User Registration > Enable Manual Approval
  3. MirandaSings

Is that for every user that signs up? I was banned on this forum and the very first time I signed up I didnt have to get approved. But after the ban and I signed up again using a diff IP, I get this message
  4. Shiro

Shiro Well-Known Member

Xenforo employs various security measures in order to prevent users from bypassing bans. I also author my own security add-on to further prevent this. I am not going to teach you how to evade bans.
    Glockie and Tracy Perry like this.
  5. MirandaSings

First of all I never asked how to evade a ban, I'm asking how would I make that feature available on my forum also.