XF 2.1 Approval Queue Problems

Semper Fidelis

I just upgraded to 2.1 from 1.5 and am learning all sorts of new (and sometimes frustrating) thigns.

I guess you changed the system so that a person has to be a Moderator to approve posts and members.

I have disabled all Addons and am using the Default Theme and confirm these problems persist:

1. I added a Moderator Usergroup as an additional usergroup to my own. I gave it permission to approve/reject users.
2. I already had approve/reject/ban usergroup permissions for my usergroup.
3. I cannot see any number count telling me that I have users awaiting approval (or any posts awaiting approval).
4. When I try to approve anything or reject anything i get a popup that says: "Opps we ran into some problems. Please try again later. More details may be in the browser console." Another admin is telling me that error is popping up randomly for other things.

Just to be sure I uninstalled all legacy AddOns. I can't figure this out and it's driving me crazy.

Moderator status has always been required for certain functions.
Just assigning permissions isn't enough.

However, the error message is likely something different - possibly a server side security mechanism.
Press F12 to activate the browser inspector and select the console tab.
There will be an error message listed there when it occurs.

Code:
This page uses the non standard property “zoom”. Consider using calc() in the relevant property values, or using “transform” along with “transform-origin: 0 0”. approval-queue
Loading failed for the <script> with source “https://www.googletagmanager.com/gtag/js?id=UA-2082143-5”. approval-queue:97:1

OK, after hours of frustrating investigation it took me 10 minutes to call the host. There were a bunch of php files with 664 permissions. Once it was fixed it worked fine. The error messages above are interesting but not relevant to the problem.

Thanks for the help.

Top Bottom