Lack of interest API for integrating non-PayPal systems into Subscription system

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I think this would simply be a plugin to the payments system (which I am sure will be modular) if one gets added.

iDeal support would be great, vB never wanted to do it. For the payed memberships.

Well... that is not entirely correct. I have lobbied for an iDeal implementation in vBulletin for years. Since the start of iDeal in The Netherlands I was convinced this would become the preferred on-line payment system in our country. After endless request and ditto discussions I found both Freddie Bingham and especially Mike willing to look into it. This was the result in the end (unfortunately): http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/show...ons-Features&p=1611719&viewfull=1#post1611719

I assume that -for the same reasons- we will never see an officially implemented iDeal module in XenForo. I sure hope XenForo will sell good in The Netherlands and that there are board owners who are willing to raise a fund to get a third party to develop it for XenForo as a plugin (if that is even possible: I am not a technical person).

iDeal has indeed become the preferred way for Dutch people to transfer money online locally. Needless to say it would do wonders for the monetization of our XF powered websites in Holland.

Ok, but three years is still a long time to acknowledge/decide.

iDeal should be used worldwide, I hear so much positive feedback from people using it, it's a shame that it isn't more popular in other countries.

iDeal should be used worldwide, I hear so much positive feedback from people using it, it's a shame that it isn't more popular in other countries.

I wrote exactly the same today on my own website, answering a question from one of our members. Indeed, iDeal or a system like that should become a worldwide standard. Imagine what will happen to the monetization of our websites if people are able to transfer money directly from their bank account to a website! Without the need of any creditcard or third parties like Paypal. I am convinced we will see this happening in the future. And I hope it will not take too long.

We already take payments via bank transfer in our shop.
Basically, what happens is we alllow the order to complete and then flag it as unpaid. The user is automatically given our bank details and order number and can pay through their online banking using their order number as reference.

Once a day, we just trawl the previous days transactions for order numbers and mark the order as paid and the rest carries on as normal.

We implemented this when instant bank transfers because the norm here in the UK.

We already take payments via bank transfer in our shop.
Basically, what happens is we alllow the order to complete and then flag it as unpaid. The user is automatically given our bank details and order number and can pay through their online banking using their order number as reference.

Once a day, we just trawl the previous days transactions for order numbers and mark the order as paid and the rest carries on as normal.

We implemented this when instant bank transfers because the norm here in the UK.

Interesting, but this is still manual labor if I understand you correctly. Both for you customers and you. With the fantastic iDeal everything is automatic. When it was introduced in the Netherlands it instantly became the future of online payments so to speak in my eyes and this is exactly what is now, some years later, the status of it overhere in the Netherlands. I promoted it to death on vBulletin.com and I hope to see some kind of solution for XF (I guess we need a third party for it).

Hello.

For now PayPal is integrated into XenForo and there is no way we can easily add new payment system support into XenForo. Can you please refactor your code so that developers could add, for example, MoneyBookers support? For example, PayPal is not used in many countries such as Russia (WebMoney is a king here, we have a couple of others also).

For example, PayPal is not used in many countries such as Russia (WebMoney is a king here, we have a couple of others also).

And the same goes for The Netherlands. For local payments the so-called 'iDeal' system has become King since it's very start in 2005: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IDEAL.

I tell you, such a system as iDeal should become a worldwide standard. It is so convenient to be able to simply use your already existing online banking account to pay for things on the internet. No need for a creditcard and no need for a third-party (like Paypal) company to come in between. Most (if not every) of my local online payments now goes through iDeal. Every Dutch webshop/company that takes itself seriously has an iDeal integration. Unfortunately it is impossible for our company/foundation to make use of this fantastic system to monetize our (vB powered) site, because vBulletin doesn't support it...:(

I mean, come on... a lot of forum owners run a local website. So isn't it logical that we want and need local payment systems to be able to monetize our sites?

See also: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/suggestion-ideal-for-payed-memberships.3041/

Thanks for that Grover, I've just merged the threads as they all relate to the same thing, which is additional/alternative payment systems.

Since the start of iDeal in The Netherlands I was convinced this would become the preferred on-line payment system in our country.

Here are the actual figures to support it:

iDEAL is an Internet payment method in the Netherlands, based on online banking. Introduced in 2005, this payment method allows customers to buy securely on the Internet using direct online transfers from their bank account. iDEAL processed 4,5 million transfers in 2006, 15 million transfers in 2007, 28 million transfers in 2008, 45.4 million in 2009 and 68.8 million in 2010.[1] iDEAL is owned by the Dutch organization Currence, which also owns PIN and Chipknip.
Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IDEAL

Unfortunately, my vBulletin powered website is not counted in those 68.8 millions of transactions... because I am unable to use this system! :mad:(n). If I will ever switch my current (6 million hits p/month) production website to XenForo I need to find a way to be able to finally use iDeal to monetize our site.

Wouldn't it also be of a benefit for the sale figures of XenForo if XF actually supports local/national payment systems like iDeal and the likes? I can understand why XenForo Ltd. wouldn't want to spend time on an iDeal implementation (too small a market?), but then I dearly hope it will become possible for a third-party developers to integrate it easily into XenForo. (But I am not a developer, so I have no insights whatsoever in things like these).

I assume that -for the same reasons- we will never see an officially implemented iDeal module in XenForo. I sure hope XenForo will sell good in The Netherlands and that there are board owners who are willing to raise a fund to get a third party to develop it for XenForo as a plugin (if that is even possible: I am not a technical person).

iDeal has indeed become the preferred way for Dutch people to transfer money online locally. Needless to say it would do wonders for the monetization of our XF powered websites in Holland.

If Xenforo ever can make a much anticipated re-start (it would be such a terrible waste if such an outstanding forum product would go down the dumper because of this appalling lawsuit and other reasons (?)...) and I feel confident enough to switch over from vBulletin, then I definitely need an iDeal implementation in it. My forum platform is generating money since a few years and I need more sophisticated tools to monetize my site. iDeal is such a sophisticated tool and I need it integrated into the forum (so I can give dona-tors extra forum permissions and because of all the other obvious benefits compared to manual donations... etc.).

Are there more Dutch Xenforo owners out here who have the same needs? Maybe we could search for a solution together.

Top Bottom