APCu cache support

Solution
In XF 2.2, only regular APC support is available. XF 2.3 will have support for APCu, but frankly I'd recommend just using Redis these days.
APCu is not APC, so following instructions for APC won't give you support for APCu. Internally there is support for APCu though, so maybe as simple as specifying the right provider (ApcuCache)?

APCu is not APC

Opss 😅

Thanks for your help
Internally there is support for APCu though, so maybe as simple as specifying the right provider (ApcuCache)?
I tried with
Code:
$config['cache']['enabled'] = true;
$config['cache']['provider'] = 'ApcuCache';
but I always get error 500 and the site does not load.
I'm sure APCu is active on server...

if I want I can also use Redis, do you recommend APCu or Redis?

Opss 😅

Thanks for your help

I tried with
Code:
$config['cache']['enabled'] = true;
$config['cache']['provider'] = 'ApcuCache';
but I always get error 500 and the site does not load.
I'm sure APCu is active on server...

if I want I can also use Redis, do you recommend APCu or Redis?
How about just apcu?

Recent PHP versions come with opcache. I just wonder the value of adding more compression components to the mix.

Looks good to me. I'll leave it to the XF gurus to help you figure it out.

As I said, I since you have opcache installed already, maybe just looking for online instructions to optimize it will deliver a decent performance boost. There's also nginx proxy and caching, available on cPanel and Plesk installs. Indeed, the latest versions of Plesk have a Performance Booster feature which lets the control panel figure out the best settings for you, so you don't have to worry about it.

In XF 2.2, only regular APC support is available. XF 2.3 will have support for APCu, but frankly I'd recommend just using Redis these days.

Solution
Looks good to me. I'll leave it to the XF gurus to help you figure it out.

As I said, I since you have opcache installed already, maybe just looking for online instructions to optimize it will deliver a decent performance boost. There's also nginx proxy and caching, available on cPanel and Plesk installs. Indeed, the latest versions of Plesk have a Performance Booster feature which lets the control panel figure out the best settings for you, so you don't have to worry about it.

Opache is a completely different beast from APCu. Opache caches tokenized (compiled) PHP code, PHP fixed strings, and PHP file loads. APCu is a data store only, where Xenforo can store data to have fewer queries sent to the MySQL database.

So one does not displace or replace the other. :-)

APCu is basically APC without an opache cache since PHP now includes Zend's "opcache" plugin.

Top Bottom