Apache not restarting when I rotate logs after installing APC

oldzy

Recently after searching here, I decided to install APC. However, once I added extension=apc.so to /etc/php/ini, Apache no longer restarts (it stops fine, but does not start up again) when I rotate log files every night with a bash script I setup long ago. In particular, this last line of my script does not seem to work anymore... kill -HUP `cat /var/run/httpd.pid` The resulting err log msg is... [notice] seg fault or similar nasty error detected in the parent process

Suggestions? Thanks.

...solved

What I did was remove the DSO module apc.so that I installed from the link above... and did a YUM install instead from the REMI repo... yum --enablerepo=remi install php-pecl-apc which installed 3.1.14 (1.el5.remi) copying over the new apc.so module.

errr... back to the same prob (can't restart Apache when I rotate logs) since I downgraded to 3.1.9 again. I would try 3.1.13. but I get the below on 'make test'. Upgraded to PHP 5.4.12 but same prob. Guess will wait until 3.1.14 is fixed.

apc-make-test-fail.jpg

EDIT: Found a copy of APC-3.1.14.tgz and 'make test' resulted in similar err msgs as above.

I will consider it, thanks. APC 'installs' fine... it is just those 'make test' errs above that have me worried, and the fact I can't do an Apache restart with 3.1.9. However, 3.1.9 gives no errs on 'make test'. Tis getting a bit annoying.

I just went ahead and installed 3.1.13 for now. Will see how it behaves.

"make test" never even completed on my servers, and I never had any issues with APC (even upto 3.1.14). Although, I'm now on Xcache for my main VPS, and use APC on my second VPS as that is running nginx.

Top Bottom