• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Apache not restarting when I rotate logs after installing APC

oldzy

Recently after searching here, I decided to install APC. However, once I added extension=apc.so to /etc/php/ini, Apache no longer restarts (it stops fine, but does not start up again) when I rotate log files every night with a bash script I setup long ago. In particular, this last line of my script does not seem to work anymore... kill -HUP `cat /var/run/httpd.pid` The resulting err log msg is... [notice] seg fault or similar nasty error detected in the parent process

Suggestions? Thanks.

oldzy

...solved

What I did was remove the DSO module apc.so that I installed from the link above... and did a YUM install instead from the REMI repo... yum --enablerepo=remi install php-pecl-apc which installed 3.1.14 (1.el5.remi) copying over the new apc.so module.

oldzy

errr... back to the same prob (can't restart Apache when I rotate logs) since I downgraded to 3.1.9 again. I would try 3.1.13. but I get the below on 'make test'. Upgraded to PHP 5.4.12 but same prob. Guess will wait until 3.1.14 is fixed.

EDIT: Found a copy of APC-3.1.14.tgz and 'make test' resulted in similar err msgs as above.

oldzy

I will consider it, thanks. APC 'installs' fine... it is just those 'make test' errs above that have me worried, and the fact I can't do an Apache restart with 3.1.9. However, 3.1.9 gives no errs on 'make test'. Tis getting a bit annoying.

I just went ahead and installed 3.1.13 for now. Will see how it behaves.

MattW

"make test" never even completed on my servers, and I never had any issues with APC (even upto 3.1.14). Although, I'm now on Xcache for my main VPS, and use APC on my second VPS as that is running nginx.