[AP] Pokedex

[AP] Pokedex [Paid] 2.7.0

No permission to buy (€30.00)
Hey there, as of right now it's not possible to manually add entries though it is planned! I can try get it in for not the next update but the following one (2.5.0).
Likewise, if you're interested in purchasing the addon I'd advise waiting until 2.4.0 is out in (hopefully) a couple of days, I've made a good few changes & cleanups to our API in the last few weeks in preparation, so it's possible you might not even be able to import all data with the current 2.3.0.

Alright, thanks. Just to clarify, is it not possible to add manual entries because they are hosted elsewhere or does one just need coding skills?

apathy updated [AP] Pokedex with a new update entry:

• Sync with Gen 9 data - images can be obtained here, offline import archives can be obtained here
  • Some other cleanups / optimizations / fixes
  • Stop hardcoding API key
  • Various schema changes
  • Create user criteria for cards wishlisted / in collection
  • Add a canonical route to Pokemon pages
  • Integrate each content type page with XF tag...

Read the rest of this update entry...

• Fix an issue where an empty Evolution block could appear when the viewed Pokemon has no evolution chain
  • Create Ability list filter bar
  • Create "Smilie delimiter" admin option and ignore text surrounded by this character from the auto-link option
  • Fix tooltip previews not appearing
  • Link to a Pokemon's "required item"
  • Clean up admin option page with tabs
  • Allow manual creation of various content types - admins can now create their own Ability, Berry, TCG Card, Egg...

This looks really awesome! Just curious though, is this just a database of Pokémon info or are people able to link their game accounts to show what they have caught or manually set what Pokémon they have currently or show their favorites?

This looks really awesome! Just curious though, is this just a database of Pokémon info or are people able to link their game accounts to show what they have caught or manually set what Pokémon they have currently or show their favorites?
It's a database but it's possible to mark Pokemon as favorites, and it's also possible to add TCG cards to a "collection" and a "wishlist". I'll take a look into whether or not it's possible to fetch data from online game accounts because that would be pretty neat.

It's a database but it's possible to mark Pokemon as favorites, and it's also possible to add TCG cards to a "collection" and a "wishlist". I'll take a look into whether or not it's possible to fetch data from online game accounts because that would be pretty neat.

I would think Pokemon Go would have something a person could pull data from.

• Add recent games to Whats New page
  • Create Game controller
  • Add localization sidebar block to all relevant content type pages
  • Add "Pokedex entries" tabs to relevant non-Pokemon content types pages
  • Many, many phrase & template cleanups
  • Add description column to ability, move & pokedex tables to avoid an additional query in various instances
  • Rework list formatting of a Pokemon's moves to reduce query count by ~3
  • Create style property for altering the...

Hi there! I purchased this addon and it seems to be triggering errors related to another addon I have (Advanced BB Codes).

Code:
ErrorException: Template error: [E_USER_WARNING] Method canViewPokedex is not callable on the given object (SV\AdvancedBbCodesPack\XF\Entity\User)
src/XF/Template/Templater.php:1189

Stack trace

#0 [internal function]: XF\Template\Templater->handleTemplateError(512, '[E_USER_WARNING...', '/home/pokecomm/...', 1189)
#1 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1189): trigger_error('Method canViewP...', 512)
#2 internal_data/code_cache/navigation_cache.php(341): XF\Template\Templater->method(Object(SV\AdvancedBbCodesPack\XF\Entity\User), 'canViewPokedex', Array)
#3 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(7695): XF\Pub\App->{closure}(Object(SV\AdvancedBbCodesPack\XF\Template\Templater), 'forums', Array)
#4 src/XF/Pub/App.php(578): XF\Template\Templater->renderNavigationClosure(Object(Closure), 'forums', Array)
#5 src/XF/Pub/App.php(529): XF\Pub\App->getNavigation(Array, 'forums')
#6 src/XF/App.php(2285): XF\Pub\App->renderPageHtml('

...', Array, Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html))
#7 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(404): XF\App->renderPage('

...', Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html))
#8 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(60): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->render(Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), 'html')
#9 src/XF/App.php(2487): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#10 src/XF.php(524): XF\App->run()
#11 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#12 {main}

I'm assuming it's due to this that there are some issues, like Locations existing for only certain Pokémon and them also duplicating up to 7 or 8 times, among other things. Do you know if it's possible to resolve this? Thank you :)

Hi there! I purchased this addon and it seems to be triggering errors related to another addon I have (Advanced BB Codes).

I'm assuming it's due to this that there are some issues, like Locations existing for only certain Pokémon and them also duplicating up to 7 or 8 times, among other things. Do you know if it's possible to resolve this? Thank you :)
I would think theyre actually unrelated - the error is trying to see if a user (which may be deleted) has permission to view the Pokedex.
Is there a specific page, or for a specific user, that this is triggering for?

As for locations, they should look like the attached screenshot - a certain location can be "duplicated" because it exists and the relevant Pokemon can be found there in another game. In my screenshot, for Bulbasaur, there's various "Pallet Town" entries because he can be found there in Red, Blue, Fire Red etc.

What are these "other things" you mention? :P The current version is a big rewrite of how the data is imported (it took me 6 months to complete writing) - on previous versions the addon connected to my site's API and imported the data that way, with the current version it downloads/extracts ZIP files from our sources' Github repos (PokeAPI, PokemonTCG), loops over each file and imports the data that way. It's much faster and should be more reliable than the old method, but considering how much data these sources offer us I wouldn't be surprised to hear that it's not working 100%.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-11-29 at 14-10-59 Bulbasaur (#1) - Locations.webp
    Screenshot 2023-11-29 at 14-10-59 Bulbasaur (#1) - Locations.webp
    17.3 KB · Views: 5
Here are all the issues I've spotted so far:

1) Locations don't list the version -

Screenshot 2023-11-29 at 9.21.44 PM.png

2) Some Pokémon have no Location data at all (though this seems to be the case on your demo too, but I just want to confirm it's intentional and I'm not missing anything) -

Screenshot 2023-11-29 at 9.21.33 PM.png

3) The BBCode hover popups seem to be missing some info, like Tier -

Screenshot 2023-11-29 at 9.23.53 PM.png

4) Pokédex auto-linking options are missing from the Preferences page -

Screenshot 2023-11-29 at 9.29.16 PM.png

5) Some game names aren't written correctly (also seems to be on the demo so at least I know it's not specifically on our site!) -

Screenshot 2023-11-29 at 9.32.54 PM.png

6) The Gallery tab is blank for everything -

Screenshot 2023-11-29 at 9.37.50 PM.png

7) When searching in the Pokédex search bar I always get "No results found". In my example I typed Vaporeon, clicked the first result for the dex entry, and got this message

This is all I've noticed so far, but I've not been able to do a very extensive check yet!

As for which user triggered the error, logs say Unknown user, and here's the Request state:

Code:
...', Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html))
#8 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(60): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->render(Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), 'html')
#9 src/XF/App.php(2487): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#10 src/XF.php(524): XF\App->run()
#11 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#12 {main}

@MagicalGoat

Locations don't list the version
Some game names aren't written correctly (also seems to be on the demo so at least I know it's not specifically on our site!)
Strange, but looks to be a simple phrase issue and shouldn't be a difficult fix.

Some Pokémon have no Location data at all (though this seems to be the case on your demo too, but I just want to confirm it's intentional and I'm not missing anything)
Things like this (usually) come down to whether or not the data is available on PokeAPI.
https://pokeapi.co/ you can use this to see what the raw data we import looks like through a web browser. If the Location info for that Pokemon exists in PokeAPI, but not my Pokedex, then it's a bug on my part.

The BBCode hover popups seem to be missing some info, like Tier
This isn't really a bug, rather I just didn't include it because I wasn't sure what kind of info people would want there. But since you're expecting it to be there I assume others would as well, hence I'll include it in the next update.

Pokédex auto-linking options are missing from the Preferences page
Maybe a theme/addon conflict, and the template modification I've written can't find the correct lines. I'll look into it, and it should be fixed in the next update.

The Gallery tab is blank for everything
This makes me wonder if the "Game entries" data imported correctly? It'd explain the phrase issues I mentioned at the beginning of this post. Is your /pokedex/games page empty, or do the entries have incomplete data?

When searching in the Pokédex search bar I always get "No results found". In my example I typed Vaporeon, clicked the first result for the dex entry, and got this message
Navigate to Admin Panel -> Tools -> Rebuild caches. Running the "Rebuild search index" job should fix this. I'm curious why it didn't rebuild during the initial import though, so that's worth me looking into.

I'm a bit busy this week, but I'll definitely have time to have a proper sit down and investigate all of this during the weekend, so I'll try get at least some of this addressed then. You can feel free to add me on discord (apathyff) if you'd like to talk about it more.

• Fix Undefined variable $img when searching for "Jump Kick"
  • Fix move descriptions not appearing in lists
  • Create cron job to cleanup tempfiles
  • Fix issue where moves could have 'move_effect' type descriptions as their page description
  • Fix issue where BerryFlavorChart.min.js was not being packaged
  • Fix Undefined variable $languages
  • Add tier to the bbcode pokemon preview
  • Run SearchRebuild post-install / upgrade
  • Fix...

@MagicalGoat some findings while I was writing the newest update
  • Make sure you actually have the auto-link feature enabled in Admin Panel -> Options -> Pokedex -> Auto-link tab -> "Auto-link Pokemon names to Pokedex", otherwise those checkboxes in the account preferences page will not appear
  • The "method canViewPokedex is not callable" only ever appeared for me during the actual upgrade process with debug mode enabled. Unless you're repeatedly running into this error, it's harmless and can be ignored.
Hopefully I have all your other points addressed.

Thank you! :) Some things are fixed yes, like the tiers not showing in the pop-ups for Pokémon and having them properly show up in searches now, but sadly the Locations are still showing blank Game Versions and the Gallery is still empty. Seems like I'm having some seriously bad luck here!

This makes me wonder if the "Game entries" data imported correctly? It'd explain the phrase issues I mentioned at the beginning of this post. Is your /pokedex/games page empty, or do the entries have incomplete data?
Yeah now that I check it (apologies as I have missed this bit) it is still blank. :eek: I'm going to try and do a reinstall.

EDIT: Did a total rebuild and the Game Entries menu is still totally empty, with the Game Version area in Locations + the Gallery still empty. :(

Last edited:
@MagicalGoat when you say a full rebuild, do you mean you went to Admin Panel -> Tools -> Cron jobs and re-ran "[AP] Pokedex: Fetch games"?
I ask because Ive taken a quick peak and noticed that the Setup/Upgrade is actually missing the line to enqueue the Game import job. The import jobs for all the other content types are present, its only the Game one thats missing.

Yes, that did it! Thank you! :) I had completely forgotten to try running the job.

Do you know how to resolve these issues? I've tried running the cron jobs and no go so far.

The Pokémon from games only listing a few of them and repeating. In this case it's Bulbasaur, Caterpie, Voltorb, Electrode, Exeggcute, Exeggutor, then it goes back to Bulbasaur and repeats - Screenshot 2023-12-06 at 10.08.45 PM.webp

Broken images/sprites - Screenshot 2023-12-06 at 10.09.08 PM.webp

Last edited:
Yes, that did it! Thank you! :) I had completely forgotten to try running the job.

Do you know how to resolve these issues? I've tried running the cron jobs and no go so far.

The Pokémon from games only listing a few of them and repeating. In this case it's Bulbasaur, Caterpie, Voltorb, Electrode, Exeggcute, Exeggutor, then it goes back to Bulbasaur and repeats - View attachment 294983

Broken images/sprites - View attachment 294984
The "view more" bug is a known issue, it seems to work fine on some pages but not on all of them. Hopefully Ill have it figured out for the next update.

Ive not been able to source all the game covers just yet (the older ones I was getting from libretro, there does not seem to be a good repo to get the Switch game covers from, but ill keep looking).
As for actual Pokemon sprites, i dont think PokeAPI has all of them (Partner Eevee, some Pikachu forms are also missing AFAIK and maybe others).

The good news though is that as the sprites / game covers get added, you will not need to update the Pokedex to see them, they'll appear automagically since theyre just hotlinked.

Thank you!

One of my staff dug around and noticed the following things too:
  • Gender rates are inconsistent. Weedle for example just has "Gender rate" listed but Bulbasaur has both Gender rate and Gender (%). Pokémon like Tauros (who have a 100% gender rate for one gender) don't have the Gender rate/Gender sections listed at all.
  • The move Burning Jealousy says: "Inflicts regular damage." But this is incorrect, it's a Fire move and can be Super/Not Very Effective.
  • Effect chances seem to not be formatting, here is Discharge for example: "Inflicts regular damage. Has a $effect_chance% chance to paralyze the target."
  • Alternate forms seem to have 0s for stats, height, and weight (all the Alcremie forms for examples).
  • For the moves listed at the bottom of a Pokémon's Pokédex page, changing the "Generation" dropdown to another gen does not actually show the moves from that generation. For example, for Weedle, it always lists "Electroweb" and "Bug Bite" in the "Past generations" move area. If I change to, say, gen 2 in the right-side "Generation" dropdown, it still only shows those moves (and if I click More they just repeat, which you said is a known issue). Screenshot 2023-12-07 at 9.16.53 PM.webp
Hope this helps for troubleshooting on your future updates! :) I'll continue keeping an eye and hopefully once some more things are resolved we can enable it on our forum for the members to use. I think they'd really enjoy this!

Top Bottom