[AP] Pokedex

[AP] Pokedex [Paid] 2.7.0

No permission to buy (€30.00)

apathy

apathy submitted a new resource:

[AP] Pokedex - Adds a Pokedex to your forum.

BRANDING FREE (€10): Link

Provides your forum with an in-depth Pokedex.
This addon will routinely connect to the FortreeForums API (powered by [AP] Pokedex API) to update your Pokedex database.

Features​

• 3 new BbCodes: [POKEMON], [MOVE], [ABILITY], for linking to Pokedex pages and generating...

Read more about this resource...

wow!
im not that pokemon guy anymore. BUT
In my kids time i playd pokemon a lot ! I mean really a lot...
I was so adicted to it. Nice to see that someone comes on the idea to make something like this.
Pokemon is back and there are many people who still or newly deal with it.
Think this is a cool idea ! Can the user change the pokemon pictures ?
Looks little bit low resolution.

Keep up !

wow!
im not that pokemon guy anymore. BUT
In my kids time i playd pokemon a lot ! I mean really a lot...
I was so adicted to it. Nice to see that someone comes on the idea to make something like this.
Pokemon is back and there are many people who still or newly deal with it.
Think this is a cool idea ! Can the user change the pokemon pictures ?
Looks little bit low resolution.

Keep up !
Thanks for the comments! Atm most of them could be changed through template edits but some others are hard coded.
They do look low res, I had to compress them a bit since there's over 20000 and I wanted to keep the ZIP file size reasonably low :p I'll try come up with a better solution, as well as better scaling (so there isn't as much empty space around images) in the future.

Thanks for the comments! Atm most of them could be changed through template edits but some others are hard coded.
They do look low res, I had to compress them a bit since there's over 20000 and I wanted to keep the ZIP file size reasonably low :p I'll try come up with a better solution, as well as better scaling (so there isn't as much empty space around images) in the future.
You can handle that with uploadet pictures or not ? Would be a way to go. (:

Yeah, have it all loaded via options and have the option to upload/overwrite the existing images for it.
Oh sry ^^ I mean to upload it to a other Server and put the URL in instead of the whole picture on the Main host. Not to fully upload it to xenforo. This would help alot and you have not so an massive anmount of data.
The question is how this way will work when the addon needs to load 20000 URLs ^^
Hmhmhm

Never expected you to share this add-on but damn it's amazing. For pokemon enthusiasts forums, this is a must-have. Looks really amazing.

Maybe just a tip:

Add an option to use this add-on for other purposes. The layout and functions it could provide are useful for more than just pokemon. Think about any role-play (mobile) game it could use the same layout.

Characters/gear/whatever often have:
  • A picture (duh)
  • Stats (like pokemon attack, defense, hp, speed) - But you probably want to add/change some like critical rate/damage.
  • Factions or something alike. Pokemon uses the labels Fire, Flying, Grass, Water - Other games just need different names for it.
  • Most characters(/gear) have abilities in any game, these abilities could be presented as you have shown.
  • Some (not many) games have affinities added. Meaning, some types of factions or whatever is stronger or weaker than the other. Which would use your 'Types' version.

So, if you wish to target a wider market, I'd go with an option to have adjusted things yourself and make it your own. I'd 100% buy it if this option would be added.

Oh sry ^^ I mean to upload it to a other Server and put the URL in instead of the whole picture on the Main host. Not to fully upload it to xenforo. This would help alot and you have not so an massive anmount of data.
The question is how this way will work when the addon needs to load 20000 URLs ^^
Hmhmhm
Yup, this is the problem. The options are A) lower quality images that admins serve themselves B) Fetching them from Github and introducing several external connections each time you view a Pokemon.
I opted to go with option A since it's less harmful to SEO & loadtimes, but now we have the problem of bundling 20,000+ images.

I've been thinking of introducing an option for admins to let them choose if they want to serve the images themselves or source them from Github - it would default to the Github option, and if you wanted to serve the images yourself you would need to download/upload a separate zip with all the sprites.
That way if someone wanted to introduce the extra connections to conserve filespace, they could, and if they wanted to self-serve then the image quality would also be better.

Never expected you to share this add-on but damn it's amazing. For pokemon enthusiasts forums, this is a must-have. Looks really amazing.

Maybe just a tip:

Add an option to use this add-on for other purposes. The layout and functions it could provide are useful for more than just pokemon. Think about any role-play (mobile) game it could use the same layout.

Characters/gear/whatever often have:
  • A picture (duh)
  • Stats (like pokemon attack, defense, hp, speed) - But you probably want to add/change some like critical rate/damage.
  • Factions or something alike. Pokemon uses the labels Fire, Flying, Grass, Water - Other games just need different names for it.
  • Most characters(/gear) have abilities in any game, these abilities could be presented as you have shown.
  • Some (not many) games have affinities added. Meaning, some types of factions or whatever is stronger or weaker than the other. Which would use your 'Types' version.

So, if you wish to target a wider market, I'd go with an option to have adjusted things yourself and make it your own. I'd 100% buy it if this option would be added.
Adapting this into a "general-purpose" type addon could be interesting, and yeah I can see how roleplaying forums and such could make use of it. I think I'd probably just release it as a separate addon though, since for me on my forum I only need the Pokedex, but it sounds like a good idea either way.

apathy updated [AP] Pokedex with a new update entry:

• Change phrase "Pokemon with this move" -> "Pokemon with this ability"
  • Stop showing standard game sprites for Other Forms
  • Fix Mr. Mime's broken evo tree
  • Other form official artwork doesnt work
  • Fix guests not being able to see Pokedex sidebar (evo tree, other forms, etc)
  • Abilities: Add missing "Expand" link
  • Moves: Only show "Expand" link if there are more than 6 pokemon
  • Add missing phrase ap_pd_view_ability
  • Fix MissingNos broken image
  • Create admin option...

Read the rest of this update entry...

• Stop loading inactive move pane content
  • Fix broken Zamazenta-Crowned sprite
  • Fix broken Darumaka-Galar sprite
  • Create missing ballistics phrase & description
  • Stop hardcoding "Expand" text
  • Dont show evolution widget if base pokemon is the only pokemon in the evolution tree
  • Pokedex: Add "Expand" links to Pokemon's moves
  • Create admin options for specifying endpoints to fetch data from
  • Fix missing CSS class for "N/A" contest type

• Make preparatory changes to entities structure to allow for hotswapping languages in the future
  • Replace "tips" widget with "Pokemon Locations" widget
  • Fix auto-link incorrectly linking words such as "Absolutely"
  • Remove "Level" column from non-level based movesets
  • Fix "Invalid argument supplied foreach() src/addons/apathy/Pokedex/XF/Pub/Controller/Member.php"
  • Fix "undefined variable: levelMoves"
  • Improve filtering system

• Simplify main CSS stylesheet
  • Improve mobile view
  • Create macro for ability lists
  • Use macro for ap_pd_move_list
  • Create macro for Pokemon lists
  • Create macro for base stats
  • Simplify generation filters in the templates
  • Allow filtering of Pokemon's stats (HP, ATK, DEF, etc)
  • Stop using blobs for certain columns
  • Expose "Genera" data
  • Significantly reduce HTTP requests needed to build the Pokedex
  • Fix Fakemon no longer importing
  • Allow hotswapping languages...

• Change rebuild jobs to run once a week on Monday at midnight
  • Stop rounding height / weight
  • Add "The Pokedex is currently being rebuilt" notice if data is being fetched
  • Migrate names into their own table
  • Fix Location values always being null / 0
  • Add "Click to expand" links to "Similar moves" block
  • Fix Smogon Fakemons broken sprites on the Pokedex list
  • Migrate "favorite pokemon" blob into a dedicated table
  • Fix "Pokemon with this move" header being visible even...

• Add toggle expand JS to location / encounter details
  • Fix "Click to expand" link no longer appearing in Pokedex entries
  • Fix flags no longer appearing in moves
  • Fix incorrect official art being used for some Pokemon's OpenGraph images
  • Update name columns when the pokedex language has changed - fixes broken name filtering if the Pokedex is in another language, and also saves a query when rendering a Pokemons name
  • Fix other forms missing...

• Remove "Locations" widget
  • Create tabs in Pokedex entries for main stats, localizations, and location data
  • Optimize handling of language rebuilding slightly
  • Use pokedex list macro in pokemon preview tooltips
  • Fix issue where some pokemon with no evolutions can display an evolution tree with just their base form
  • Create "Rebuild X" button on each public controller
  • Add missing phrase: ap_pd_no_abilities_found
  • Fix missing template modification for copyright branding...

• Remove some unused templates
  • Hide certain tabs if a Pokemon lacks relevant data
  • Improve appearance of Locations tab
  • Fix "Unknown column learnset on apathy\Pokedex:Pokedex"
  • Fix localizations & locations tabs not respecting permission
  • Create Pokedex entry wrapper template
  • Create "Event data" tab in Pokedex entries
  • Add sprites / artwork to Pokemon Legends Arceus pokemon
  • Support Xenforo 2.1