RM 1.1 Anyway to restrict category updates?

MattH

Hi

I want to allow people to update the body of a resource, but not the underlying category - is that possible in permissions anywhere?

It seems that with the current structure, if you change the category it moves the associated thread, which makes it hard to manage. I want people to be able to update the resource, but only have Mods move it.

Thanks!

Follow up question: if I delete all existing categories, and there are resources attached to them, will they be deleted also?

Last edited:
1. Changing the category of a resource is actually a moderator-only action as is.

2. Resources will be deleted if you delete the containing category.

1. Changing the category of a resource is actually a moderator-only action as is.

2. Resources will be deleted if you delete the containing category.

Thanks Mike - I like the idea of members editing a resource, but not changing the category - because that makes it shift around the site. Is there any work around for that so they can continue to update it, but not change the category?

I'm confused though -- as mention, changing the category is a moderator level action. They can still edit the resource, but not the category. (The category can only be changed if they can edit any resource in a category.)

I'm confused though -- as mention, changing the category is a moderator level action. They can still edit the resource, but not the category. (The category can only be changed if they can edit any resource in a category.)

Maybe I misunderstood the permissions - I want any user to be able to edit any resource - not just their own... so people can pop in and update something to keep it fresh, but I don't want them to change category.. this is because it can shift the resource (and discussion) into a public area of the forum.

Top Bottom