XF 1.4 Anyway to have monthly post count before posting to a section

SEOmers

Anyway to have monthly post count before posting to a section?

I have a website called motovlog.com. People come and share videos etc. The forums growing and growing but we still have a small issue of people only logging in to post in a 'post your video section'

Is there anyway to force at least five posts per month before they can post in the section?

I don't think thats what I'm looking for, nothing to limit posts within a section of the site.

I'm trying to say if they havent posted within other areas of the forum every 30 days then they can't post into it.

The plugin looks like a sitwide thing, not a sub forum

Thanks though

According to this thread https://xenforo.com/community/threads/user-criteria-by-waindigo.33053/page-7#post-837025 - I can do what I'm asking?

I have set up group promotions but I can still log in with a dummy account, without any posts and submit to the relevant section? Although I have set the promotion to not allow posts if the user hasn't made 5 posts within 30 days?
Martok gave you your solution which is to create another usergroup with permission to post in this sub forum via node permissions. Once you've created that user group you can use one of the add-ons Martok linked to promote your user based on X posts in Y days to this user group. As soon as the user fails to meet the criteria, xenforo cron will automatically remove the user group until the criteria is met again.

Don't forget that when you set up the new user group you need to ensure the node permissions are correct. Explicit allow overrides revoke but explicit no cannot be overridden (if I recall correct, its been a while since I used the back end of xf)

Martok gave you your solution which is to create another usergroup with permission to post in this sub forum via node permissions. Once you've created that user group you can use one of the add-ons Martok linked to promote your user based on X posts in Y days to this user group. As soon as the user fails to meet the criteria, xenforo cron will automatically remove the user group until the criteria is met again.

Don't forget that when you set up the new user group you need to ensure the node permissions are correct. Explicit allow overrides revoke but explicit no cannot be overridden (if I recall correct, its been a while since I used the back end of xf)

It doesn't work no matter which way I do it. As long as I have a registered account. I can see the submit thread button even if it's a new account.

So there is either a bug with the main software or the add on. Something isn't working when I follow the suggestions

Top Bottom