1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 Anyway to have monthly post count before posting to a section

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by SEOmers, Oct 19, 2014.

1. SEOmers

SEOmers Active Member

Anyway to have monthly post count before posting to a section?

I have a website called motovlog.com. People come and share videos etc. The forums growing and growing but we still have a small issue of people only logging in to post in a 'post your video section'

Is there anyway to force at least five posts per month before they can post in the section?
  2. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

SEOmers likes this.
  3. SEOmers

SEOmers Active Member

I don't think thats what I'm looking for, nothing to limit posts within a section of the site.

I'm trying to say if they havent posted within other areas of the forum every 30 days then they can't post into it.

The plugin looks like a sitwide thing, not a sub forum

Thanks though
  4. SEOmers

SEOmers Active Member

Does anyone know how I can do this?
  5. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

it would require custom development/an add-on.
  6. SEOmers

SEOmers Active Member

Thanks for the reply. I've been going round in circles, least I know
  7. SEOmers

SEOmers Active Member

8. Brogan

You will need to post your questions on the resource thread.

It is not possible in the default software.
  9. James

James Well-Known Member

Martok gave you your solution which is to create another usergroup with permission to post in this sub forum via node permissions. Once you've created that user group you can use one of the add-ons Martok linked to promote your user based on X posts in Y days to this user group. As soon as the user fails to meet the criteria, xenforo cron will automatically remove the user group until the criteria is met again.

Don't forget that when you set up the new user group you need to ensure the node permissions are correct. Explicit allow overrides revoke but explicit no cannot be overridden (if I recall correct, its been a while since I used the back end of xf)
  10. SEOmers

SEOmers Active Member

It doesn't work no matter which way I do it. As long as I have a registered account. I can see the submit thread button even if it's a new account.

So there is either a bug with the main software or the add on. Something isn't working when I follow the suggestions
  11. Brogan

The default user group promotion criteria works exactly as designed.

This page of the help manual explains how to set a user group promotion up: https://xenforo.com/help/user-group-promotions/

If you are having issues with the criteria related to that add-on, you will need to seek support from the developer.