Anyone worked out what they are going to use Xen pages for?

Jethro

Thinking on our general chat forum we may use them for tutorials on how to use the software, some of the older members might need a slight helping hand here or there to get the best out of their posting day. Anyone else thinking about em?

Absolutely.
I suspect though that someone else will get it done before me as I won't be using the software for a while.

I'm currently creating a basic template which anyone can use.
I'll post the code as soon as it's done.
Hopefully the templates use the XenForo classes so that they can be edited easier to reflect the site :P

Hopefully the templates use the XenForo classes so that they can be edited easier to reflect the site :p
From what I can see, this is the main page code.

HTML:
<section>

<!-- h1 title, description -->

<div class="titleBar">
    <h1>Example Page Title</h1>
        <p id="pageDescription" class="muted baseHtml">This is an example page description.</p>
</div>

<!-- main template -->

<div id="pageNodeContent">
    <div class="baseHtml messageText">
        <p>This is an example page content.</p>
    </div>
</div>

</section>

As it's html then I can't see why you wouldn't use the XenForo classes.

Absolutely.
I suspect though that someone else will get it done before me as I won't be using the software for a while.

I'm currently creating a basic template which anyone can use.
I'll post the code as soon as it's done.
Why won't you be using it for a while?
(If you don't mind my asking)

From what I can see, this is the main page code.

HTML:
<section>

<!-- h1 title, description -->

<div class="titleBar">
    <h1>Example Page Title</h1>
        <p id="pageDescription" class="muted baseHtml">This is an example page description.</p>
</div>

<!-- main template -->

<div id="pageNodeContent">
    <div class="baseHtml messageText">
        <p>This is an example page content.</p>
    </div>
</div>

</section>

As it's html then I can't see why you wouldn't use the XenForo classes.
Yeah, I understand that. You said you were making a template? I was curious as to whether or not you were going to use XenForo's classes :P

All depends on what we can do with them, but I can easily see using these for our roster pages, it depends on whether or not we'll be able to use php in them. We'll see :D

Thinking on our general chat forum we may use them for tutorials on how to use the software, some of the older members might need a slight helping hand here or there to get the best out of their posting day. Anyone else thinking about em?

Whats the link to your forum? Been looking for somewhere good to waste my life online ;)

only if they know HTML :(

Kier told me a WYSWYG editor will not be part of the core but would be a simple mod.
So this is obviously going to be a highly desirable mod for some of us.

Once I have that although I will design some pages in html I'll be able to do very fast updates on my Pages, and also delegate this to some of my mods.

With the permissions system I will have some collaboration Pages for my mods and I to share notes on current goals, lists of certain users and their issues etc. So for example we can add notes to a paragraph about a user so that it becomes clear that the issue is not only arising with one of us, or that one of us knows an explanation that helps us all understand what's up.
Certainly this can be done on a forum with threads but it's much quicker to scan one page which several of us can edit to keep up to date.

Some of my usergroups will have their own section with an index page.
That links to their own main forum, or to several as relevant.
A theme picture to represent the section and a description of its aims.
Link to forumhome.
Mods for this section with little bio and pic.
Its rules - linked. External links list - mini library. Useful data.
Searches.

I'm considering an entry Page for the whole board with usergroup sections viewable by the usergroup.
PICS / descriptions/ links to the usergroup Pages.
Link to forumhome. Mods list. House rules.
Useful external sites frequently used by my members.
Searches.

Top Bottom