Add-on Anyone want to make this chat work for XF?

*bump*

I've started implementing XF integration with AJAX-Chat. I've got autologin/logout working. No channels yet, no guests support. But all these seem quite doable. I'm not yet sure about how the software performs with heavy activity, though. I may recommend to use a separate MySQL DB for chat activity (logs, etc.).

I'm then planning to release an addon in the RM to smoothly integrate within an XF site, maybe into an iFrame (not sure this is the best option).

Meanwhile, watch GitHub for more info. https://github.com/ManOnDaMoon/AJAX-Chat/

*bump*

I've started implementing XF integration with AJAX-Chat. I've got autologin/logout working. No channels yet, no guests support. But all these seem quite doable. I'm not yet sure about how the software performs with heavy activity, though. I may recommend to use a separate MySQL DB for chat activity (logs, etc.).

I'm then planning to release an addon in the RM to smoothly integrate within an XF site, maybe into an iFrame (not sure this is the best option).

Meanwhile, watch GitHub for more info. https://github.com/ManOnDaMoon/AJAX-Chat/
<3

Totally forgot about this lol! Don't have enough free time for it anyways so i can't do much :/

*bump*

Been watching this on github. In your lib/data/users.php, it reads like you're defining each user individaully? or does this define usergroups that existing xf users will belong to and what their roles would be?

PHP:
// Sample registered user:
$users[3] = array();
$users[3]['userRole'] = AJAX_CHAT_USER;
$users[3]['userName'] = 'user';
$users[3]['password'] = 'user';
$users[3]['channels'] = array(0,1);

Awesome project and great work!

The users.php (and more globally the whole data folder) is an example of how to populate a user record. It is provided with AJAX Chat standalone version but I'm not using it. I created a bridge in order to access the XenForo framework and check directly whether a user is logged in XenForo, and match its chat role (admin, mod, guest...) according to group permissions. I do the same for channels, populating the channels list with XF node list.

I'm not very used to using Git (I so f*cked up my branches the other day o_O ), so everything on the backend is worked on a private repo I own. It includes a full XF add-on with backend options (no need to edit the config.php file), permissions-based logs (the current AJAX chat logs leaves private messages visible, something you may not want your moderators to see) and a report system. I'll let you know when its a bit more stable.

In the mean time, thank you for your support and feel free to try the github version as it is basic but already fully functional.

Same install directions as in the readme: upload /chat/ and point to chat/install.php or do you have an xml installer somewhere I didn't see?

Same install directions as in the readme: upload /chat/ and point to chat/install.php or do you have an xml installer somewhere I didn't see?
Same install directions, same install file. Don't forget to edit lib/config.php with your db settings. If you ever detect issues, please file them on github. It will be easier for me to track them there.

Same install directions, same install file. Don't forget to edit lib/config.php with your db settings. If you ever detect issues, please file them on github. It will be easier for me to track them there.
This already works with XF? o.o

Interesting stuff.
I've got it up and running.

Quick question: currently, it's created channels for each of my nodes. Can you give me an example syntax for overriding this and creating just a single channel (or a couple of channels that I name). I have lots of forums and do not want to show all these forums as channels.

edit found it:
Code:
Limiting the list of forums used as chat channels

If you don't want to use all your forums as channels, you can limit the used forums with a configuration option in lib/config.php:
// Defines an array of channelIDs (e.g. array(0, 1)) to limit the number of available channels, will be ignored if set to null:
$config['limitChannelList'] = array(123,456,789);
This setting would only use the forums with the IDs 123, 456 and 789 as channels.

Thanks!

Next to figure out how to wrap it into a page node so it looks like my forum...
and a users chatting widget...

I haven't checked git lately although many of my members are already using this. One thing that keeps coming up is a request for a 'Members in Chat' widget. Any thoughts on how to do this and are you close to an 'official' release in the RM?

Top Bottom