Anyone want to help trade some posts?

BlackJacket

If you are interested in trading some posts, let me know. I have a board that needs more posts than I am able to make by myself. I will return the favor as well. :)

PM me if you are interested.

I would only recommend Postloop if you had an off topic forum that can justify threads like what do you drink, count to 1000, 3 word game, hello and lets count to 1000 (again)
And here I was expecting some astounding intellectual to come flaunt his knowledge of the meaning of life...

Way to dash my hopes :mad:.

I would only recommend Postloop if you had an off topic forum that can justify threads like what do you drink, count to 1000, 3 word game, hello and lets count to 1000 (again)
Nope you're not permitted to post only in those kinds of areas. Good on-topic posts are expected as are new threads.
You get rated for your posts.

I joined them and have found a few really interesting sites to post on.

I think it's a good service.

It's not that you can't post in off-topic forums, it's just that many forum owners using Postloop ask that you stick to the on-topic forums instead, especially since some are paying money to increase their Postloop balance. As Peggy said, you do get rated for your posts, so if you want to post a bunch of off-topic nonsense, then your rating will reflect as such, making it harder for you to get points. Postloop's FAQ explains things pretty well.

;)
Nope you're not permitted to post only in those kinds of areas. Good on-topic posts are expected as are new threads.

Defiantly not the Postloop I know, here are some more examples of Good on-topic posts that needed a 5 star user rating before being able to post.

Make a story
How to make money 101
Get A Free $10 Amazon GiftCard Here!
Give the next user an useless super power!
What is pissing you off?
What is your favorite soda?
What (cell)phone do you have?
What is your favourite season?
The Rhyming Game!

Once again probably good content for a off topic forum but I defiantly dont find these sorts of threads 5 star content
I will be more than happy to revisit Postloop when quality improves ;)

;)

Defiantly not the Postloop I know, here are some more examples of Good on-topic posts that needed a 5 star user rating before being able to post.

Make a story
How to make money 101
What is pissing you off?
The Rhyming Game!

Once again probably good content for a off topic forum but I defiantly dont find these sorts of threads 5 star content
Yeah I would have to agree with you there.

;)

Make a story
How to make money 101
What is pissing you off?
The Rhyming Game!

where'd you get that list? Your own forum? or.. The Postloop Portal?
The Portal is where users post regardless of acceptance or not. A lot of users are rejected ;)
If they're from your own forum, you need to rate them, then revoke them.

I disagree with anyone that says Postloop lacks in quality. There are some duds but they're dealt with pretty quickly. Here's an example of a Postloop post I received on my forum.

Screen_shot_2011_05_31_at_10.40.22_PM.png

where'd you get that list? Your own forum? or.. The Postloop Portal?
The Portal is where users post regardless of acceptance or not. A lot of users are rejected ;)
If they're from your own forum, you need to rate them, then revoke them.

I got this from my own forum and my own experience, I am sure that you are not being biased as you have sold an off topic forum that used Postloop for content, But once again it is great for off topic forums, for anything else I would never recommend which was the main reason for me commenting in this thread.

Maybe it works differently when you do not purchase PL points, however I can only give honest advise regarding PL through my experience. (n)

My question is, how does using Postloop affect the reputation of your forum? It's inevitable that it will come out that you are using Postloop and will that make whatever cred you have build up take a dive because your "legit" users will feel like they have been duped?

Hey all, I'm the owner of Postloop. I appreciate the kind words that everybody has to offer. Very much appreciated :)

Brett - just curious if you don't me asking, which forum of yours did you submit to Postloop?

Quality did used to be a big problem at Postloop. I'll be the first to admit it. The past month or two, however, we have introduced quite a few features and processes that have turned that around significantly, and if all you know is post quality at Postloop from 1-2 months ago, I invite you to come take another look. We (Postloop) almost hand pick posters now. They have to go through our forums before they are approved for posting in any other forums. We do have to find a happy balance somewhere - we don't require everybody to be the next William Shakespeare. If we did that, we couldn't offer the low prices that we do offer. We still do sacrifice a little bit of quality in order to keep our prices down...but I honestly do think that the post quality that you find at Postloop will be significantly better than the quality you'll find in any paid posting service or post exchange, and Postloop is also significantly cheaper than any paid posting service I've ever seen. We also expect our forum owners to be proactive in encouraging and policing quality in their forums. There are a lot of tools and features at Postloop that you can use to garnish higher quality posts...and if you don't use those tools properly, you may not get what you're looking for.

My question is, how does using Postloop affect the reputation of your forum? It's inevitable that it will come out that you are using Postloop and will that make whatever cred you have build up take a dive because your "legit" users will feel like they have been duped?

If nobody ever mentions Postloop in your forums, how will anybody know? The Postloop forum listings are blocked from search engines to ensure that your forums never show up on Postloop when somebody searches for them on Google.

@Ryan I have yet to give you another try, I had no doubt that you would continue to improve Postloop and have always had the intention of revisiting your service in the future. It is very good news that you strive to improve the service.

I was unaware that you have implemented changes to PL, But now that I do know I am sure that I wont find it necessary to share my outdated experience with others when the topic of using Postloop arises.

I look forward to investigating the new PL as soon as I have a future project, It is also good to see that you are on top of things.

If nobody ever mentions Postloop in your forums, how will anybody know? The Postloop forum listings are blocked from search engines to ensure that your forums never show up on Postloop when somebody searches for them on Google.
Security through obscurity never works, all it takes is one of the Postloop users to post a dump of all the forums that participate on their blog, or register at the forum and mention it, etc. etc., there are a million and one ways that using Postloop can become known to normal users of the forum.

I don't think that "it won't be disclosed" is the answer to "what will happen when it does?" ;)

Fair enough, but what you say is hypothetical. It's not based on the experience that our some 500-odd forums that have participated have seen (y)

It is true that yes, by using Postloop, your forum members may find out. The odds of this, however, are very slim. Sometimes you've got to take on some risk to get some reward. Let's not forget, is it such a bad thing if members do find out? Maybe the extra few hundred posts in your forums is worth it even if a few people know they came from Postloop.

I am sure that you are not being biased as you have sold an off topic forum that used Postloop for content

It was actually an Admin Forum :) I own an Off Topic forum though which does fine with or without Postloop (it's been disabled whilst i build points for a while). I still maintain that it's a good source of posts. Ryan has already mentioned that he's implemented changes which make quality ultimately much better. Every system has kinks and bugs, the early quality issues were Postloop's, is all :)

Nah, Some of my members know that I use Postloop and they don't mind. I suppose it depends on your user base. I am very happy with mine, they're awesome :) As for reputation, I have not noticed anything detrimental in that area either.

@ OP, Sorry for sort of derailing your thread!

Let's not forget, is it such a bad thing if members do find out?
That's actually the question I originally asked.

Nah, Some of my members know that I use Postloop and they don't mind. I suppose it depends on your user base. I am very happy with mine, they're awesome :) As for reputation, I have not noticed anything detrimental in that area either.
I guess my concern is that the PL concept is to post for compensation whereas genuine users do not get compensated for posting to a forum. I know how I would feel if I knew that someone else gets compensated for a post while I do not even though I provide the same if not significantly better content.

I guess the answer to this then is to tell your users when they do find out about Postloop that "You can earn money too <link>" ? Or just to be totally honest with the community from day #1? "We're on postloop, wanna earn for posting here? join here <link>". Also a good way to get your referral link out there, I guess.

It's the same as the Paid Posters dilemma, I guess that it all depends on the community and the admin, and differs on a case by case basis.

Top Bottom