Anyone using mod_pagespeed with XenForo?

Amin Sabet

I just started using it. Can't tell yet if it's helping my sites' performance. The main thing I wanted to use it for is lazy loading images, and that part doesn't seem to be working :(.

Anyone else using mod_pagespeed?

Maybe more sometimes... Pingdom tells me 1.7 second load from NY -> Paris. Never got that below 2 seconds before.

Have you got lazyload working? When I do debugging, it always says "The following filters were disabled for this request: Lazyload Images". Don't know why.

I would like to make some test with this. Couple questions Amin:
There are some significant improvement in the performance/speed with the module?
What server are you running?

Have you got lazyload working? When I do debugging, it always says "The following filters were disabled for this request: Lazyload Images". Don't know why.

I use Xon's plugin for lazyload. Try adding ModPagespeedEnableFilters lazyload_images to your vHost config.

I use Xon's plugin for lazyload. Try adding ModPagespeedEnableFilters lazyload_images to your vHost config.

Thanks, I have that added, but I don't see any lazyloading occurring. I was just made aware that lazyload may not happen until a page is reloaded a few times:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/mod-pagespeed-discuss/xczmI0NPcXs

I tried using @Xon 's addon but noticed that sometimes the wheel just spins and the image doesn't load. @rafass mentioned this also.

I have it working with nginx. As you mentioned though, it does appear lazy loading only happens after the page has been loaded a previous time (guess it then caches where the images are in the page to know their location for loading purposes?)

I have it working with nginx. As you mentioned though, it does appear lazy loading only happens after the page has been loaded a previous time (guess it then caches where the images are in the page to know their location for loading purposes?)

Yes, it has to learn which images are critical to view immediately and designates the others for lazyloading. I wonder what it is about my sites that keeps it from working.

If you want to see exactly what is happening on a given page, add "?PageSpeedFilters=+debug" to the end of the url and then look at the page source. Lots of useful markup there to tell you what pagespeed is doing.

Top Bottom