Anyone use Subdreamer CMS/Gallery with Xenforo?

I find SD its gallery rather ugly and outdated. Granted they have added some jquery effects, but its still an old school framework. Might as well apply some jquery effects to Photopost and get a better result.

I remember thinking about using Subdreamer back in 2006, when I first used Vbulletin. --- I chose VbAdvanced instead..

Looking at it now, its not that good either:

1. I would rather my content be in a system used by a lotttttt of people. - Sticking purely to Xenforo is good, using Xenporta for example. Your posts and users etc are all in the database.

2. Wordpress and Drupal are widely used, they are excellent CMS, (they are free and open source too!) not such a big deal if you use a bridge with Xenforo.

What bad things did you hear?
There was actually an exploit that was unpatched for months, and just bad business practices. Again not from my personal experience but what I've researched when I was on vBulletin and was seeking a integrated CMS. You should do some research on your own, as stated it looks really dated for a modern solution.

I was not at all happy with their support. Everything seemed so easy before I bought SD, afterwards they did not really care much. So I decided not to use it ...

I've recently switched back to using Subdreamer, and my experience has been positive. The company has been under new management since 2010, and they're very quick at fixing major problems. They've also made significant software improvements since I first stopped using them around 2007. Tobias really went out of his way to help me get situated.

So far as using Subdreamer, it all depends on what you need. It doesn't feel as modern as WordPress, and certainly isn't as simple, but my experience has been it is a lot easier to expand than WordPress. Just as an example, you want to add a new widget (plugin) to your sidebar. To do this in WordPress, you need to edit the functions.php file, edit the sidebar.php file, etc. Adding a new widget area in Subdreamer (called a plugin area), one edits a single template file adding:
HTML:
<plugin>
<div class="plugin">
<plugin_name><h3>[PLUGIN_NAME]</h3></plugin_name>
[PLUGIN]
</div>
</plugin>
This is taken straight from my theme, and in reality all you really need is <plugin>[PLUGIN]</plugin>. It's all just self-explanatory template variables.

You're also not going to find any other, or at least I haven't, fully-featured CMS that integrates as closely as Subdreamer does with Xenforo. To correct a misconception earlier in this thread, when you integrate Subdreamer with Xenforo the Xenforo database is used for all user account management. You can have a separate XF and SD database so long as the SD database user has access to your XF database. You can map primary XF usergroups to Subdreamer usergroups to, say, create content specifically for staff/paid members/etc.

Just as a final statement, this is all just my opinion. If you want to see a live example PC me and I'll send you a link to my site.

I've recently switched back to using Subdreamer, and my experience has been positive. The company has been under new management since 2010, and they're very quick at fixing major problems. They've also made significant software improvements since I first stopped using them around 2007. Tobias really went out of his way to help me get situated.

So far as using Subdreamer, it all depends on what you need. It doesn't feel as modern as WordPress, and certainly isn't as simple, but my experience has been it is a lot easier to expand than WordPress. Just as an example, you want to add a new widget (plugin) to your sidebar. To do this in WordPress, you need to edit the functions.php file, edit the sidebar.php file, etc. Adding a new widget area in Subdreamer (called a plugin area), one edits a single template file adding:
HTML:
<plugin>
<div class="plugin">
<plugin_name><h3>[PLUGIN_NAME]</h3></plugin_name>
[PLUGIN]
</div>
</plugin>
This is taken straight from my theme, and in reality all you really need is <plugin>[PLUGIN]</plugin>. It's all just self-explanatory template variables.

You're also not going to find any other, or at least I haven't, fully-featured CMS that integrates as closely as Subdreamer does with Xenforo. To correct a misconception earlier in this thread, when you integrate Subdreamer with Xenforo the Xenforo database is used for all user account management. You can have a separate XF and SD database so long as the SD database user has access to your XF database. You can map primary XF usergroups to Subdreamer usergroups to, say, create content specifically for staff/paid members/etc.

Just as a final statement, this is all just my opinion. If you want to see a live example PC me and I'll send you a link to my site.

Thanks. Do you also use the gallery?

Thanks for offering your opinion Mr_Bob. Thanks for the others that offered their feedback as well. We'd gladly review any concerns any customers have with our product... we don't have any open issues or security concerns. In fact, as mentioned, since 2010 our focus has been on user security, general security, spam/injection prevention and overall features which are customer focused. 09/10 had some rough patches under previous ownership but we've been uphill for 3 years now and 9 years total. We can't compete with the established CMS's in all areas such as theme availability, polished addons, etc., but believe we are a great choice for many projects and our forum integration remains, I believe, one of the best available.

We offer a 30 day no-questions asked refund policy for anyone interested in testing our product and support.

I'd also offer any Xenforo users a free year of updates (2 yrs total) and a year of support (1 year total) if you end up falling in love with Subdreamer and can share your feedback of our product/support and display your SD+Xenforo integration with others to check out.

Cheers

Thanks for offering your opinion Mr_Bob. Thanks for the others that offered their feedback as well. We'd gladly review any concerns any customers have with our product... we don't have any open issues or security concerns. In fact, as mentioned, since 2010 our focus has been on user security, general security, spam/injection prevention and overall features which are customer focused. 09/10 had some rough patches under previous ownership but we've been uphill for 3 years now and 9 years total. We can't compete with the established CMS's in all areas such as theme availability, polished addons, etc., but believe we are a great choice for many projects and our forum integration remains, I believe, one of the best available.

We offer a 30 day no-questions asked refund policy for anyone interested in testing our product and support.

I'd also offer any Xenforo users a free year of updates (2 yrs total) and a year of support (1 year total) if you end up falling in love with Subdreamer and can share your feedback of our product/support and display your SD+Xenforo integration with others to check out.

Cheers

Im interested in the gallery. Are there any importers for it?

Top Bottom