Anyone making good Money with Adsense on Xenforo?

hugo4melton

Anyone here successful making money with adsense on xenforo?
I used to make spare money back in the day with adsense but it was on wordpress.

How is adsense placement fitting right into your xenforo structure? as much has to do aswell with placement and blending into the xenforo content

Ad rates in 2023 have tanked through the ad networks. 2022 was good. I taking very good care of my direct advertisers, because the ad networks suck right now. Very little being made.

If I had to rely on Adsense I wouldn't be able to have my site or at least lose a ton of money on it. We've been 100% ad free and Supporting Member only since 2020 and making a ton more money doing it that way. Then again we have proprietary and useful information only accessible if you're a Supporting Member so that's the secret to making it successful.

Direct advertising sales would probably the next best bet if we had any advertising.

I don't use that personally but i know that bigfooty.com do along with having memberships to go ad free.

If I had to rely on Adsense I wouldn't be able to have my site or at least lose a ton of money on it. We've been 100% ad free and Supporting Member only since 2020 and making a ton more money doing it that way. Then again we have proprietary and useful information only accessible if you're a Supporting Member so that's the secret to making it successful.

Direct advertising sales would probably the next best bet if we had any advertising.
Can u kindly share us your income model. Is it something where u need a subscription to access your private area of the site?

Can u kindly share us your income model. Is it something where u need a subscription to access your private area of the site?
You need a subscription to:
  • Access proprietary data
  • Read articles with exclusive content
  • Join private groups
  • Have a member blog
The main drivers of subscriptions are the first two though.

Many years ago, I was making enough money from AdSense to pay the annual hosting bill for my dedicated, managed server (hosting a handful of sites). This lasted for many years. AdSense revenue fell off a cliff several years ago though and now I'm lucky if it pays for a 1/4 of my annual hosting bill.

I tried it on a few sites of mine but never made enough to ever receive a payment, on top of annoying our visitors. So I stopped using it. So many use ad blocking now that it's become almost pointless to bother with any type of advertising.

AdSense before COVID was great. Making huges profits.

Now, the revenue is almost zero. I don't know why I still have on my site.

I tried it on a few sites of mine but never made enough to ever receive a payment, on top of annoying our visitors. So I stopped using it. So many use ad blocking now that it's become almost pointless to bother with any type of advertising.

It doesn't help when most browsers come with a built-in ad-block or an add-on/plug-in readily available.

I don't make money from my forums. That's because I'm a hobbyist. But 1 of my forum if self sustained, got some donations from membership that pays off the forum hosting.

Personally don't think there's much money in forums nowadays.

NEW forums, I'd agree. Established forums, disagree. My accountant says differently.
And how many sites are "existing, well populated" forums? Those are slowly dying on the vine. New forums continue to pop up... but overall, ads on a site are pretty much a losing proposition. WAY to many users use ad-blockers to get rid of the "trash". You pretty much have to be a "monster" in the niche to over-ride these behavioral patterns by users... and even then there are MANY that choose to use ad-blockers to deprive the site of those funds. Yes, some pay-wall the area off for those detected using ad-blockers, but for many, they will simply go elswehere.

I'm lucky in that my income allows me to have multiple hobbies... and NONE of those hobbies are associated with trying to gain income.
My site that I currently run is simply an extension of my hobby, and it's an area where I can post what I want. If others want to join in and participate... thats gravy. I could easily have a blog where ONLY my posts were there but I choose to can spend a bit of money to where others can join in.

Ad rates in 2023 have tanked through the ad networks. 2022 was good. I taking very good care of my direct advertisers, because the ad networks suck right now. Very little being made.
Exactly that. 2022 was okay, 2023 is terrible so far.

Tangent: How many of you running AdSense or other ads restrict the ads to just guests? I do and this is an incentive for visitors to register an account and log in (no more ads).

Top Bottom