Anyone know which theme/style this is?

Used on many different forums. Anyone recognize it or is it a custom job?

gMMDTNN.png

RSr9jed.png

Alot of sited use this theme, I am not a fan, I dont like it at all. IMO.

Alot of sited use this theme, I am not a fan, I dont like it at all. IMO.
Yep, they are all owned by VerticalScope Inc.

Yep, this is a custom VeritcalScope style. The problem is, they've disabled some core XF features in an attempt to "customize" it, which makes usage annoying. Examples:
  • The tiny avatar that overlays the small avatar in the thread display list is missing, so you can't see threads you have contributed to.
  • Essential elements are moved around; the Edit link is moved to a menu in the upper right corner of a post, as one example.
  • If the page has ignored content, there is no link to temporarily view the content.
  • It's a continual work in progress--they stripped out many core XF features, then slowly reintroduce them as periodic "improvements."
  • Rather than a notification bell, they hide it all in your user menu, so now it takes two clicks to see your alerts, vs. one; private conversations are similarly hidden in your user menu and again, additional clicks to get there.
Appearance-wise, I got a very similar look using Flare from ThemeHouse, as it is a similarly "minimal" theme that removes many of the borders that the stock XF theme uses.

And my big concern about such a heavily modified version of XF's theme is that it will take much longer to release an upgrade, since there is so much that has been modified. I don't even know if they're on XF 2.2 yet. I only participate in a few of their automotive forums as a visitor/member, not staff.

Yep, this is a custom VeritcalScope style. The problem is, they've disabled some core XF features in an attempt to "customize" it, which makes usage annoying. Examples:
  • The tiny avatar that overlays the small avatar in the thread display list is missing, so you can't see threads you have contributed to.
  • Essential elements are moved around; the Edit link is moved to a menu in the upper right corner of a post, as one example.
  • If the page has ignored content, there is no link to temporarily view the content.
  • It's a continual work in progress--they stripped out many core XF features, then slowly reintroduce them as periodic "improvements."
  • Rather than a notification bell, they hide it all in your user menu, so now it takes two clicks to see your alerts, vs. one; private conversations are similarly hidden in your user menu and again, additional clicks to get there.
Appearance-wise, I got a very similar look using Flare from ThemeHouse, as it is a similarly "minimal" theme that removes many of the borders that the stock XF theme uses.

And my big concern about such a heavily modified version of XF's theme is that it will take much longer to release an upgrade, since there is so much that has been modified. I don't even know if they're on XF 2.2 yet. I only participate in a few of their automotive forums as a visitor/member, not staff.
Thanks for the info!

I posted about this before, but my latest style Bolt can achieve a similar header style.

Demo:

Past there, they've customized their forums a ton with little unique things.

Top Bottom