Anyone know how to convert Xenforo Threads to WordPress posts?

Hello,

Can you please defy converting? Are we talking about converting xenforo threads to wp posts in the wp site, or converting threads to look like wp posts in the forum?

I can convert threads to wp both ways.

If you can make THIS look like THIS....then we gotta talk!

I'd like my XF content to look more like a blog. I can't get it to look "friendly" or "shareable" - as much as I like my forum, it's just not getting the results I need.

So I either need to convert my main threads into WordPress posts and have WordPress as my homepage with XF in the background. Or somehow make my XF threads look like a blog.

I would rather use XF because it's a LOT faster than WordPress, that's for sure!!

If you can make THIS look like THIS....then we gotta talk!

I'd like my XF content to look more like a blog. I can't get it to look "friendly" or "shareable" - as much as I like my forum, it's just not getting the results I need.

So I either need to convert my main threads into WordPress posts and have WordPress as my homepage with XF in the background. Or somehow make my XF threads look like a blog.

I would rather use XF because it's a LOT faster than WordPress, that's for sure!!

I am confident that I can. If you are willing to fund the developement, please contact me in private sir.

So, you are wanting to make XenForo forced into being/looking like a blog? Errrr.. OK, I guess - but I don't really see the point in something like that. If you want a blog, why not create/use a blog. Kind of like using a Yugo to pull a 35ft triple axel trailer with a backhoe on it. Not really what it was designed for.

Or are you talking about using XenForo as a restricted back end to generate the content, which is then reflected into a blog (which Wordpress would be best for that). If so, then how are you going to handle any comments....

I don't see why we can't make XF content look more presentable like it's a easy to read blog article with a nice homepage.

It's probably a matter of someone really skilled with CSS putting things in the right places.

I think XF is light years faster than WP and certainly has amazing addons. The problem I have is 1) I prefer NOT to use WP if I don't have to, and 2) my audience is used to a certain "blog" style typical of the content I deliver. I've tried for a while to manipulate this to look closer to a blog, but it's just lacking and not as shareable/user friendly.

If I can make my site look that good while using XF as the backend, that would be the best end result. I believe it can be done.

As for comments, users would reply to the thread like they usually do.

Think about it, besides the obvious differences in comments/replies (basically the same thing with forum replies being more powerful, but serving the same purpose which is conversation) - What's really the difference between a blog post and a forum post besides a few visual elements or layout differences? Visually, I see the OP's avatar on the left, next to the post, rather than below or above the article. I'm sure that's easy fix, although it doesn't even have to be moved. The breadcrumb is cleaner, but that's an CSS fix as well. The OP info doesn't really need to be there, it can be on their profile page while a simple text link and smaller avatar appear for "author" info.

@Russ - you up for a challenge?

@Stuart Wright - who did your homepage? I really like yours as it's closest to what I'm looking for. But, what powers your homepage? Is it WP, XF, mix of things?

Off topic - kinda - I think XF2 should be more similar to WP in the sense that it permits ALL media to be displayed in the posts, because I would LOVE to have my videos uploaded to threads without having a second addon for it. I like XFMG, but it's not user friendly for people to go to one section of the site, upload, then go back to another section to post it. XF forum threads are really only missing video attachments. From using WP for years and now XF for at least a year, that's the main thing that XF needs. All other features of XF are superior to WP...except for that part where Google LOVES WordPress...but I'm sure with more content rich XF sites that Google will show more love in the future.

who wants it.webp

I am confident that I can. If you are willing to fund the developement, please contact me in private sir.

I would have to see that you've done this before. I'm not interested in funding a "possible" or "confident" outcome. If you've done it successfully and can show me results or include references in this conversation, then that would be best. I would only pay after conversion has been complete, because if it goes awry and things become all screwed up, then I can't be expected to pay for that.

I would have to see that you've done this before. I'm not interested in funding a "possible" or "confident" outcome. If you've done it successfully and can show me results or include references in this conversation, then that would be best. I would only pay after conversion has been complete, because if it goes awry and things become all screwed up, then I can't be expected to pay for that.

I have not done this before. But that does not mean that I can not do it. Anyways, like I said, I can do this. With regard to payment, I think that would be something best discussed in private. But for a big job like this, I would expect half of the money paid before the work has begun, and the other half when it is finished. You can put up the money in an escrow, which can be paid only if the job is completed according to the terms and conditions that both sides will agree upon beforehand. Because, like you are worried that the job will go awary, I am also worried that you might change your mind down the line, and decide that you do not need this anymore after all. I would have spent weeks working for nothing in said scenario.

I also think that it will be very difficult to find anyone that will take on a big job like this, to be paid only after the work has been completed.

A 50% deposit is fine. I think it's best if you test it out on your own, then if you do it successfully, show me the results and we can talk about it.

Set up WordPress on your host, push a few test threads with replies over into blog posts and comments and see if you can do it successfully. I don't want to pay for you to test it out, but I will pay for proven results.

Ideally, I'd like to twist my XF around enough to give it the look I need so I don't even need WP.

A 50% deposit is fine. I think it's best if you test it out on your own, then if you do it successfully, show me the results and we can talk about it.

Set up WordPress on your host, push a few test threads with replies over into blog posts and comments and see if you can do it successfully. I don't want to pay for you to test it out, but I will pay for proven results.

Ideally, I'd like to twist my XF around enough to give it the look I need so I don't even need WP.

I do not work like that sir. I can not spend weeks working on this, so we can talk about about it afterwards. That would be a huge waste of time for me. Like I said previously, I can do this. If you are serious about funding its developement, please contact me in private so we can discuss the details. Otherwise you will have to find someone else.

I just want to signalize that as a forum admin I also have the desire and feeling of a gap at the moment between wordpress an xenforo blogs regarding of an attractive presentation like @drastic explained his motivation is. But for me that would be something to be viewed about in a year again, because I have other priorities at the moment.

There are two options I see at the moment to have a blog together with xenforo and probably could help to save some ressources because you can build on it:

XenWord
XenPorta 2

I have experience with both. At the moment I use Xenword with wordpress. But I also think about to replace my wordpress blog with XenPorta (but it needs a few more features/layout from Wordpress) and a more attractive blog design than XenPorta delivers from scratch. Thats a lot work that needs to be done and also needs to be maintained and supported after launch.

Probably I could help with my post :)

I have the AMS article system and featured threads and have tried both as a homepage. One thing I like about the article system is that it looks good and works like a blog. But, I also like the featured threads homepage because it can automatically feature threads based on popular/trending type criteria and it's integrated with the credit system I use.

I think I can get the article system ( by @Bob ) OR the Featured Threads (by @Brogan) portal/homepage to look as good as the WP blogs.

Top Bottom