Anyone here fly quadcopters, multirotors, etc.?

craigiri

Just an off-the-wall question!

It's really starting to flower as an industry/hobby and I recently got into it! Fun, fun, fun...and the videos and stills you can get from up in the air are something else.

Check out this for an example...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I have one. My friends call it my "drone". It runs silent... You have to be at least 1ft away before you can hear it. The body frame is interchangeable to sky blue or night black. It runs a camera that can both record & broadcast live feed, with HD night vision. Its also water resistant. Max speed in a straight "bee line" is 15 Mph. Has a small mini shoot should it experience failure in mid air (for soft landing).

I started out with the base model and have slowly been "tweaking" it for the last 2 or 3 years. If could get my hands on some emerson at a very low price (not bloodly likely in this lifetime), it would live up to its nick name.

You just want to photograph chimneys. :cautious:

Believe it or not, I already have a rig created (in my mind) which will land on top and inspect them......

Also, I am just starting a blog and forum about these for beginners and thought maybe I could troll here for mods or helpers.....
:)

I went looking to buy an existing forum and move it to XF, but a couple I contacted didn't want to sell - so I found a small blog where the guy has visitors so I won't have to start from scratch......

MR, I assume you have experience? Because if you don't, buy a couple $40 ones first and wreck 'em.
Also, a new one which just came out which is ultra-cool (IMHO) is here.....
http://droneflyers.com/2013/02/dji-phantom-quadcopter-the-first-true-mass-market-drone/

Jake, this is more fun than tiny houses because you can actually fiddle with them........more!

Been trying to find a photo of the one I have. This is the closest I could find.

Imagine this, but smaller, and all the rings are not attached as it is in the photo. Not as lower in hight as this one, but not by much either.

Attachments

• 475654main_iotw-quadcopters_946-710.webp
    475654main_iotw-quadcopters_946-710.webp
    124.3 KB · Views: 15
Maybe you have a UDI.
The photo is an AR Drone by Parrot - very advanced in some ways, lame in others....

This is a UDI - about $60.
images

Maybe you have a UDI.
The photo is an AR Drone by Parrot - very advanced in some ways, lame in others....

This is a UDI - about $60.
images
God, no... Not that model.

Again those rings are all connected and mine are not. The rings can also move. Mine also has a bigger body.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

^^ Something like this, but not as big and minus the gun of course (and mine is silent). Of course I think the video of this one maybe a fake. But the design is similar to mine & so I'm using it as an example.

Top Bottom