Anyone have paypal do this to them or someone you know?

1im

I don't have a paypal account, I always just send money to invoices or "Send Money" using my debit/credit card. So I sent 50% deposit to a guy/girl on this forum and he replied with this:

Hello, there has been a bit of the problem....
The money has been taken out of my Paypal account and they say that there has been "a problem with the transaction..." :(
Did you get the money back in your account?

Very weird that this has happened, I have never seen this before. Maybe because you are sending not from a Paypal account, may I ask what you sent it from?

Has anyone had this problem before? Just wondering if it's actually possible or if I got ripped off before I end up calling paypal tomorrow? The money was not deposited back into my account or an email from paypal about something happening to the transaction.

check your statement. if it didnt get refunded to you or doesnt show it as being held somewhere than it did go into the recipients account.

I don't have a paypal account, I always just send money to invoices or "Send Money" using my debit/credit card. So I sent 50% deposit to a guy/girl on this forum and he replied with this:

Has anyone had this problem before? Just wondering if it's actually possible or if I got ripped off before I end up calling paypal tomorrow? The money was not deposited back into my account or an email from paypal about something happening to the transaction.
If you don't have an account just call paypal and reference the transaction id and ask the status of it stating that there is a discrepancy where the recipient says the funds were not released to them and you still have had funds drawn from your payment method.

It may take 5 days or so (sometimes more) for it to show back up on your card even if the other party doesn't have it... unfortunately you just can't be sure without talking to PayPal.

Well this guy wasn't lying. I checked my email and its pending "case renewal" lols..

"
– Case Reversal Details

PayPal is constantly monitoring site activity and reviewing transactions.

This payment has been selected for review and we have opened an investigation.
"

paypal is the devil!! The dude on the paypal phone said "We made a business decision to not allow you to use paypal anymore"

I've had my account frozen before after receiving money that is more than usual. They locked me out of every cent I had there and made me send tons of information to prove my identity. It took almost two weeks, have fun...

paypal is the devil!! The dude on the paypal phone said "We made a business decision to not allow you to use paypal anymore"
That sucks. Do you mind if I ask if you have a bank account attached to your PayPal account? I ask because all the people who have had complaints before tend to be people who don't want to attach bank accounts.

That sucks. Do you mind if I ask if you have a bank account attached to your PayPal account? I ask because all the people who have had complaints before tend to be people who don't want to attach bank accounts.

I used the "send money" feature without logging in... I dont have an account.

Top Bottom