Anyone else having issues with Virgin Media today?

Try using OpenDNS.com as alt name servers, bypassing the ISPs ones?
In my experience these 'issues' with providers usually get fixed when people simply use better name servers.
Unless it 'really' is a routing issue.

Looking on the VM support forum (which you currently have to access with a proxy!) it apparently is a routing issue.

Ah, then based on experience with UPC it is either a) delayed because it's the weekend, despite that they promise someone's working on it now (guy won't get the call until Monday morning to come over probably), or b) someone did actually use his weekend hours to make an extra buck and showed up, and is figuring it out, or has figured it out and is checking stock if that what they need is in stock. If so, he can work on it straight away or tomorrow. And otherwise a courier order has been placed.

So either it will be fixed this night, or by Monday afternoon and when things aren't in stock, someone has to drive around which delays it even further.

Seeing how it affects a large amount of customers (relative) it's most likely something they're investing extra time/money in to get done this weekend to make sure the complaints aren't overwhelming the helpdesk any further.

Well fingers crossed when I wake up in the morning all will be working fine!

Its funny how when theres a fault like this, its always affects the websites you actually want to visit! (Luckily Xenforo wasnt affected :))

Yeah, I hate it. I feel so much better knowing my ipad2 has 3g on it. When I lose the net, and I can't jump on neighbors open wifi spot for that hour, I tend to find myself doing offline stuff, or using the 3g on the ipad2.

It sucks losing a skype call, or inability to check for email, etc.

Recently my docsis3 modem has an issue that if the file is over say 200mbyte, it starts the download but after 90 or 120 mbyte it just "halts", speed drops 100% (but everything else works just fine) I stay on skype, i can browse sites, usenet downloads go with 15mbyte/sec no problem. But getting a podcast, something from itunes, or an ftp transfer .. yikes, so annoying. What good is 120mbit when it downloads and stops after 5 seconds. hehe. Very odd, and spend a week trying to figure out why. But I can't come up with a conclusion/assumption that it's the modem itself.

Hopefully I can get it replaced soon. Pressing 'resume' 5 times just to get an .sql dump 100% completed is annoying.

Hurray for a useless UK infrastructure only set to get worse because BT complain about free competition! :)

Hurray for a useless UK infrastructure only set to get worse because BT complain about free competition! :)

VM has its own infrastructure. Its the UK's cable network.

Just had email from VM - Estimated repair time is now tomorrow morning!! Phoned up and got a couple of quid added back onto my bill!

So the usual, find out before the weekend, wait with confirmation until Sunday. Guy checks on Monday and finds out it's not in stock. Gets ordered and courier delivery results in a Tuesday repair, assuming that is the issue.

It's never happening on a tuesday, and things aren't in stock as they should be.

Just assumptions on my part, but also just seems to be the case with providers over and over again.

So the usual, find out before the weekend, wait with confirmation until Sunday. Guy checks on Monday and finds out it's not in stock. Gets ordered and courier delivery results in a Tuesday repair, assuming that is the issue.

It's never happening on a tuesday, and things aren't in stock as they should be.

Just assumptions on my part, but also just seems to be the case with providers over and over again.
I'd hope a company like VM keep a few switches and routers in stock, preconfigured in the case of emergency!

Top Bottom